AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just got a nice 47inch vizio, with multiple HDMI connections..

my computer is good, 580 gtx graphics card..

I just got a FIFTEEN foot HDMI cable.. and have tested out a couple games on it, looks great.. and fun to have, however I can only have one audio source on at a time?

The audio control panel shows my speakers, and also shows the tv..

is there anyway to make it so I can somehow split the audio between what I see on my computer monitor, and what I see on my tv- in regards to both being plugged into my computer?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
to restate-

I have no problem either listening to my computer speakers, OR my tv when having computer audio play, but I would like to be able to only hear the audio of what I put on my tv..

and only hear the audio from what I have on my computer screen..

there must be some sort of technical split?

Basically i'd like to be able to play a game and hear it through my computer speakers and watch youtube music videos on my tv- through my computer, and hear whatever is being displayed on the TV through the tv speakers, while still hearing the game on my computer!

Thanks for the info :

·
Registered
3,596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_chiggin /forum/post/20890636

to restate-

I have no problem either listening to my computer speakers, OR my tv when having computer audio play, but I would like to be able to only hear the audio of what I put on my tv..

and only hear the audio from what I have on my computer screen..

there must be some sort of technical split?

Basically i'd like to be able to play a game and hear it through my computer speakers and watch youtube music videos on my tv- through my computer, and hear whatever is being displayed on the TV through the tv speakers, while still hearing the game on my computer!

Thanks for the info :

You need to use a DVI connecter instead of an HDMI connecter. That way, your game audio will come out of your computer speakers, but only the TV audio will come out of the TV speakers. At least I think that's what you are trying to do. Did I misunderstand?

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Sounds like what he is trying to do is use his computer to access youtube and play those videos/hear their audio on the TV. At the same time he wants to be able to play a game on the same computer using his computer speakers and computer monitor.

I personally don't know how you would be able to do this, possibly a different or additional video card? This question is probably more suited for the HTPC forum, since there isn't anything you can do on the TV's side to make this work. The TV is just going to play whatever video/audio is sent to it over the HDMI cable, you have to get the computer to split the video/audio signals up.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerstalker /forum/post/20892855

Sounds like what he is trying to do is use his computer to access youtube and play those videos/hear their audio on the TV. At the same time he wants to be able to play a game on the same computer using his computer speakers and computer monitor.

I personally don't know how you would be able to do this, possibly a different or additional video card? This question is probably more suited for the HTPC forum, since there isn't anything you can do on the TV's side to make this work. The TV is just going to play whatever video/audio is sent to it over the HDMI cable, you have to get the computer to split the video/audio signals up.

If this is what he wants to do, I'm gonna bow out and let the HTPC experts lead the way.

·
Registered
19,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 /forum/post/20894584

If this is what he wants to do, I'm gonna bow out and let the HTPC experts lead the way.

Yeah I was going to chime in here too but this is definitely for the HTPC crowd. I just hope he gets it figured out before his warranty expires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.