AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I finally pulled the trigger and bought an Xbox One Titanfall Edition. I set everything up last night and it went through all the setup, kinect, did a sound setup where it tested each of my 7.1 speakers and then I was up and running after the update. For the cool factor, I ran my DirecTV Genie box through it and use my Pioneer VSX 53 for audio. For starters, watching TV and I say something like "xbox mute" or "xbox volume up" it tells me I have to set it up in TV settings but the receiver is already set up. Secondly, I have it set so when I say "xbox turn off" all the checkboxes for turn of are on so it should turn off the One, TV, and receiver (although I don't know how unless it's via HDMI or something). When I turn off, the One and TV turn off but the receiver stays on. Lastly, everything I run from TV to games displays PCM on the display and seems to be stereo. I have that beta surround sound thing checked but that makes no difference. Even my 360 used to have bone shattering surround sound. When I raced, you could hear the cars and effects in full surround. Playing Forza 5 last night just sounded like stereo. First, is there some problem with digital surround over HDMI that's being addressed by an upcoming patch? Second, why can't I control my AV receiver at all? It won't turn off, no volume control, nothing. The One even listed the VSX53 when I selected Pioneer receiver. I'm otherwise happy but the sound issue is bothering me a bit. I may put the DirecTV back through the AV receiver so I get digital surround and can watch 3D channels. I do wish that at least games would play in 7.1 surround like my system is configured for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts