AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denon a1xva /forum/post/19603764

Hello members,

Does anybody know this amplifier from Audio Research?

http://www.audioresearch.com/DSi200.html

This could be an upgrade from my Krell KAV 500I. I want to use it with Focal electra speakers.

Thanks in advance!

I saw one and listened to it briefly but I didn't get a chance to form any kind of opinion about it. Keep in mind that it's a Class D amp and some folks say because of that it doesn't have the classic Audio Research "sound", if you believe that various solid state amplifiers actually have an individual "sound". I'll stay out of that debate

I'm really posting this to advise you that this integrated was reviewed by "the absolute sound" in their August 2010 issue, so you might want to check out what they have to say about it, although personally I take everything they say with a wheelbarrow load of salt

Cheers,

SB

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpotcheckBilly /forum/post/19603888

I'm really posting this to advise you that this integrated was reviewed by "the absolute sound" in their August 2010 issue, so you might want to check out what they have to say about it, although personally I take everything they say with a wheelbarrow load of salt

Cheers,

SB

Thanks for the info. I will check it.

My problem is that i don´t have the space for separates in my furniture or else it wouldn't be hard to choose.

I need a HT processor input and enough power. And because this amp is really new i wonder if it would be better than the 500i.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WAUW!! I bought a demo model from a German HIFI store..it´s an incredible amp and a big upgrade from the KAV 500i.

The vocals sound amazing and it still has some burn in time to do.

·
Registered
318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denon a1xva /forum/post/19629720

WAUW!! I bought a demo model from a German HIFI store..it´s an incredible amp and a big upgrade from the KAV 500i.

The vocals sound amazing and it still has some burn in time to do.

wow! just wow! The amount of amazingness gonna going through the roof after the burning in

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpotcheckBilly /forum/post/19630885

And the scientific principle behind this "burning in" is ...........?

Cheers,

SB

With all the respect SpotcheckBilly.. but i don't care about scientific principles and i have my own opinions that are important for me. That's all i have to say about that.

Don't take it personal.

Cheers

·
Registered
686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denon a1xva /forum/post/19631348

With all the respect SpotcheckBilly.. but i don't care about scientific principles and i have my own opinions that are important for me. That's all i have to say about that.

Don't take it personal.

Cheers

I'm not attempting to take anything away from your enjoyment of the new piece of kit that you purchased. In fact, I wish you the best

I was trying to arrive at a objective reason for your opinions based on scientific fact, and that's all. In view of your most recent post (quoted above) I begin to wonder why you're posting here - on the Audio Video SCIENCE Forum

But I certainly won't press you for an answer on the subject now that you've made yourself clear. Add to that you most definitely don't need my approval to express your opinion here, whether it makes scientific sense or not. This is a public Forum and you surely are welcome to post anything you wish as long as it's within Forum rules.

Cheers,

SB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.