AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I move into my new house tomorrow and I'm wondering about the best setup for my dual opposed mfw's and everything else for that matter. As you can see in the pictures it looks like I have two options. To the left of the stairs would be great but there isn't enough room for the speakers to fit in addition to the Tv stand. I'm thinking I'll put the tv in front of the thermostat and the sub's up against the front wall. The couch is L-shaped and that will be in front of the two windows that lead out to the porch. I was thinking one sub up against the wall to the left of the fireplace and one by the door leading to the kitchen. Any other options that I should try. I plan on taking room measurements but would like some ideas to try.

Pictures of new room and gear in old house also included.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpray1983 /forum/post/20884408

I'm thinking I'll put the tv in front of the thermostat...

Ehh...Probably not a good idea if you plan on using that thermostat.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by petew /forum/post/0

Heat from the TV will throw it off. We used to build fires with alcohol right under the locked dorm thermostats at Arizona State. Cooled things off nicely.

It's an LED barely puts off any heat. If it becomes a problem I'll move it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
if you're putting a programmable 'stat in just move it's location. not that challenging, i moved mine.

Matt

·
Premium Member
14,931 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpray1983 /forum/post/20884896

You got some nice bookshelves on eitherside of that fireplace, I would mount the tv over the mantle and then customize the bookshelves to fit your speakers and subs
ive had my TV above a fireplace for 4 years and it works fine, I just pull it down after each winter and pop the back off, clean the inside out a little and throw it right back up!

·
Registered
4,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpray1983 /forum/post/20884896

My 54" plasma can double as a space heater in the winter

Yeah, worst case scenario, you go with plan B. Try it there and see. Personally, I don't mind moving things around in my room just to change it up a bit.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya me neither but it's a pain to ru audyssey contantly and set the filters on the BfD. I think I might look into the fireplace idea and lose the tv stand and just build a tall/skinny component rack. Use rackmount strips for the pro gear and shelves for everything else. It will look cleaner that way and be more accessible and easier to change components.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.