AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I was looking to get my audio set up correctly, mainly my subwoofer to be sure I spent the $$ and have it set up correctly...

Here's what I've got:

Receiver: Onkyo SR608

Center: BIC DV62CLRS

Front: BIC DV64

Subwoofer: BIC H-100

Rear: Energy CB-5

I've notice when playing a movie (in particular, BluRay), that the subwoofer is hitting on parts it probably shouldn't hit SO hard at. Someone suggested setting the maximum crossover on the Subwoofer to the minimum on the DV64's. I'm not sure exactly what I need to do here, soooo that's my question.

Also, on the back of my receiver, I have the settings as:

Phase 0*

Crossover (see above)

Sub in Digital 5.1,6.1,7.1

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
Have you run the Audyssey setup? That should properly set your speaker sizes for bass management and the crossover(s). Basically, you want the sub to play everything in the LFE (.1) channel along with deep bass rerouted from the full range channels.

·
Registered
9,563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav3481 /forum/post/20891282

Someone suggested setting the maximum crossover on the Subwoofer to the minimum on the DV64's. I'm not sure exactly what I need to do here, soooo that's my question.

Also, on the back of my receiver, I have the settings as:

Phase 0*

Crossover (see above)

Sub in Digital 5.1,6.1,7.1

Hi Mav3481, when toggle switch is set to "Digital 5.1,6.1,7.1 it basically disabled the subwoofer crossover so it has no effect when adjusting it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin /forum/post/20891676

Hi Mav3481, when toggle switch is set to "Digital 5.1,6.1,7.1 it basically disabled the subwoofer crossover so it has no effect when adjusting it.

Thanks, I'll be sure to leave it in ProLogic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIslander /forum/post/20891514

Have you run the Audyssey setup? That should properly set your speaker sizes for bass management and the crossover(s). Basically, you want the sub to play everything in the LFE (.1) channel along with deep bass rerouted from the full range channels.

I re-ran the Audyssey setup (as I just got my receiver back from Service). I realize that it sets my speaker sizes, but I can still adjust my crossover on the actual Subwoofer. Do I need to adjust it there, or will the receiver take care of everything and I should set it to minimum or maximum? This is the whole part of my problem.

·
Registered
9,563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav3481 /forum/post/20891704

Thanks, I'll be sure to leave it in ProLogic.

Do I need to adjust it there, or will the receiver take care of everything and I should set it to minimum or maximum? This is the whole part of my problem.

Why, you're SR608 is well capable to handle bass management. Suggest switching it back to "Digital", set sub Volume to 3 to 4, Phase to 0, run auto setup, then set all speakers to small with 80Hz crossover (also you can experiment with the fronts crossover at 60Hz).

·
Registered
9,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav3481 /forum/post/0

I re-ran the Audyssey setup (as I just got my receiver back from Service). I realize that it sets my speaker sizes, but I can still adjust my crossover on the actual Subwoofer. Do I need to adjust it there, or will the receiver take care of everything and I should set it to minimum or maximum? This is the whole part of my problem.

Set the crossover on the sub as high as possible. You want it to play whatever the AVR sends. Anything filtered out by the sub will simply be discarded.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
On a Bic subwoofer setting the switch on the back of the sub to 5.1,6.1,7.1 digital completely disables the cross over knob on the sub. So setting the knob to min or max does nothing. You have already bypassed the crossover by setting the switch to digital. This lets the receiver do all the bass management. The reason I know this is because I set up two Bic F12's for a friend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.