Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded the video card on my Windows HTPC from a Radeon 9000 to Radeon 9600, mostly for gaming purposes.

Unfortunately I'm having a new problem that I never experienced before. When the action on the television transitions quickly, I'll see a thin horizontal line through the picture. This only happens when the screen moves quickly, and it only happens on the television. I believe this is called tearing?

I have a standard CRT television, and the computer is hooked up via s-video. This same exact setup worked perfectly with the Radeon 9000, so I know it must have something to do with the new card. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. I have also installed both the full feature ATI driver set, and the more minimal one. I have tried fiddling with the various settings offered in the control panel as well.

The second problem I have sometimes happened with my Radeon 9000, and only seems to happen with certain movies. The audio will be slightly out of sync with the video. I'm using the DefilerPak 1.20, which someone recommended to me.

Any help with either of these problems would be very much appreciated. I did a search and checked the first few pages of results but didn't see anything.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.