AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started having audio sync problems on KATU-DT. If I power cycle my Toshiba 3000 it re-syncs only for a short time. I do not have any problems with NBC,CBS,or PBC.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
If I watch 2-1 in HD mode with my Mits box the sync is usually fine. If I watch it in SD mode it is always off (sometimes quite a bit). Since KATU upconverts and runs the 14:9 I usually only watch it in HD mode anyway (unless I'm just flipping channels to see what's on) so it's not a problem. The have told me in the past their equipment is old and patched together with shoestring, bubble gum and duct tape (kinda like all the rest of the stations in PDX).

ron

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Try it again now and repost, Alan at KATU did some adjustments Monday and hopefully it's better now.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
I'll check it out over the weekend. They had told me previously that they keep resetting it but that it slowly "drifts" off. Did they say they got some new equipment?

ron

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Ron, Allan sent me this: " The encoder had a bogus -100msec delay in a sub menu in addition to the lip sync delay in a separate menu." Hopefully that fixed the problem. It did seem better Thursday night, I haven't had a chance to check it since then. I, too, will see this weekend.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
It seems to be off just a hair but I can live with it. The sound is just barely ahead of the lips, but you have to look for it.

Thanks Alan for all your work on this issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.