AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having some audio troubles and I can't determine if it's my replay 4500 series or my Yamaha Receiver. Maybe one of you can shed some light. Here is the trouble: While watching a recorded show, the audio will cut out for a split second. If I use "instant replay" and play back the portion that was skipped in audio, it now plays normally. Sometimes I'll go 2-3 evenings with no troubles. Other times, this will occur 3-7 times per recorded show. Has anyone heard of this on a replay? Or on a receiver? Thanks.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well, I have 5000 series Replays, and my primary receiver is an Onkyo. Aside from those differences, I do experience this occasionally. I have my Onkyo setup to use an optical audio connection. I certainly don't know the cause, and it doesn't tend to happen as often as you describe, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised to learn that it was a problem with the Replay optical output. Are you using an optical output (I am assuming the 4500 has one, but I don't know)? If so, that would be my guess. I would think maybe the stream gets somehow corrupted, so the receiver's sound drops out until it gets sent a valid stream. But, that's just my theory.

Nathan

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have, and use, the optical connector on my 4500 series replay. I have removed, cleaned and replaced the connection. (OK, I blew on them). Perhaps I should get some canned air and do a better job. It this keeps up, I'll try the R/L connectors and see if the trouble stops. Thanks for responding; I'm glad i'm not alone in this.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Let me know whether you are successful. It is not common enough to me to be a major pain, but I would probably clean the sockets if it seemed likely to make it go away. Also, I have no idea how sensitive those connections are. I presume that canned air would be a safe method, but I really wouldn't know.

Nathan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.