AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished running 2" conduit along a joist for my AV wires. I just want to make sure that it is ok to run speaker wire (2 pairs of CL-3 12 ga.) and a set of component, S-VHS, and a DVI cable all in the same 2" tube? there will be no high voltage (power lines) near or running parallel. Am I OK????

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I assume that you have already tested for size? I am not sure if that is your question or you are worried about running all of them together for noise issues? In terms of noise, shouldn't be an issue. But for size, my DIY Canare component cable set is in itself about 1" diameter. So, would be tight for me...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Patrick,

I think your right. I may need to run my DVI cable separate since it is really thick. I know the 12ga Monster Cable takes up some room also. Maybe I should run another pipe parallel on the next joist over?

greg

·
Registered
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gps
...Maybe I should run another pipe parallel on the next joist over?

greg
YES. If you have the space and the means, do it. Even if your existing 2" pipe has enough room for all of your current cable needs, you should do it. 3, 4, or 5 years down the road, you may decide to upgrade, then you'll be thinking "Argh! why didn't I run that second conduit when I had the chance!"

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I went ahead and put in two 2" conduits from the rack to the attic. Then I bought the DWIN TV3 which means I will only be using one DVI cable. But, I am still safe for the next projector I get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.