AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon I purchased one of the Philips Sound Cards at Best Buy for $20. All I need it for it for DD/DTS pass thru. When I go to play a DVD through ZoomPlaer and I enable the S/PDIF my sound and video get all messed up. It looks like it is playing the sound and video together, but there are playing every other second. When I take the sound and put it back to stereo mode it everything works fine. I am able however to play the DVD with D.D. just fine in WinDVD 5.0. Are there any setting I missed?

Here are my PC spec

2.8 P4

1.6 gigs of ram

Radeon 9000 PRO w/ 128 megs

Zoom Player 3.1

FFDshow Build May 23

WinDVD 5.0

Thanks

Jared

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have done a few searchs and all I can come up with is that reclock may help. Is there anything I am missing. My CPU load is only around 30% and this only happens in ZP + FFDshow + WinDVD 5.0 when i enable S/PDIF output. It works just fine when I use the same output in stereo mode.

Thanks

Jared

· Registered
73 Posts
Weell, I had all sort of problems in using WinDVD audio in ZP: the only suggestion I can give is

Leave video hw acceleration ON (probably you`ll loose ffdshow).

Try it and see if it can help...

· Registered
232 Posts
i suggest you get rid of that card and pick up a el cheapo sblive. it has one of the better spdif implementations out there. i had that same philips card and returned it because of that very same stuttering issue my old sblive that i had lying around did the trick (don't use creatives drivers though, use the ones that XP installs and you will be fine)

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I added reclock to my HTPC last night. The stuttering is now gone but the sound is delayed about 1/2 sec from the video. This is while having FFDshow filters on. If I turn FFDshow filters off, the video and audio are in sync. I know it's not my cpu cause its only around 30%. Any other ideas.

Thanks

Jared

· Registered
1,358 Posts
See my today's post on video stuttering - try increasing zoomplayer.exe thread priority to "real time".

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tired moving the priority of ZP to realtime and it seemed to work. This is also with Reclock running also. I have no clue why, cpu load was only around 30%. Go figure. I guess I will mess around with it more to see if there is some setting I missed.

jared

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.