AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I've been recording live web streams with Total Recorder for a hundred years. One of the really neat things about Total Recorder is that it can record them WITH NO RESAMPLING. This means that if a stream runs with a sampling rate of 44k that's exactly what you get on Total REcorder, a 44k sampled recording. If a stream runs with a sampling rate of 48 that's exactly what you get on Total Recorder, a 48k sampled recording. The only thing you need to remember to do is turn all conversion off inside Total Recorder and you're home free.

Except I just bought my first Windows 7 computer and have made the very unpleasant discovery that ALL of my direct live stream recordings to Total REcorder are being diverted by SOMETHING in the path which is forcibly resampling everything to 44k. I looked around and discovered that in the Sound menu the default device was set to 44k in the ADvanced properties. So I changed it to 48k.

Now every no-conversion recording on Total REcorder receives a stream sampled at 48k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's got to be a way to defeat this, so Total Recorder can once again get the stream CLEAN at whatever rate is the original sampling rate.

I suspect it's something to do with audiodg.exe, DSP, and/or EAX, but that's about as far as I've been able to get after an agonizing four hours of research.

There's got to be some way to restore a clean path from the software, whatever it be, Windows Media Player, Real Player, Winamp, whatever, to Total REcorder; there's got to be.

I really hope someone in this forum is familiar with this stuff and has a solution. It's killing me that I just paid 850 dollars for my only computer, and suddenly I'm getting recordings that are not as good as my old Windows XP computer, which died last week.

Please, can someone help me? Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts