AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upgraded from BOSE sub to SVS SB12-NSD sub ($650)

Mated to Audioengine A2 speakers ($200)

Mated to exotic (High-Performance) cables:

- AudioQuest Bridges & Falls - Sydney (near top-end copper) ($200)

- AudioQuest Bridges & Falls - Angel (top-of-the-line solid 100% silver + FEP Air tubes) ($1200)

- Asus Xonar DX7.1 PCI-E sound card ($90)

PICX!

Sub arrived yesterday...

Audioengine A2 speakers (moved from MBP setup) & Panny TH-50PHD7UY

Sub placement

1.5m AudioQuest Sydney 3.5mm-to-RCA cable from PC to sub.

continued...

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Audioquest Angel ($1200) on the left. Audioquest Sydney ($200) on the right.

I haven't put on my Angel (silver cable) yet... it's still connected to my macbook. Should I run it to connect from PC to the A2 speakers? Rite now my PC & A2 speakers are connected with that crappy generic cable yuck.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT  /t/1421999/audioengine-a2-speakers-svs-sb12-nsd-sub-200-copper-1200-silver-cable-pics#post_22253815

I heard subs sound best out on the patio.

Which will give you the added satisfaction of running a $58,000 cable under the house!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Take that poor sub out the cabinet. That is just ridiculous...lol

·
Registered
11,966 Posts
If you've noticed by all the responses - nobody wants to be the first to say it.

meh -- what do I have to lose.

Send the cable back and buy a vacation.

Your going to need it when you realize you've been so scammed so hard on the cable prices.

Buy one of these.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021817&p_id=9300&seq=1&format=2

Better yet - before you send the cable back buy the monoprice cable and blind test which cable you like better with a friend switching them out.

Your gonna need that vacation to cool off.

Here's the second cable match you need - http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021816&p_id=9297&seq=1&format=2

·
Banned
8,743 Posts
I think you are wasting keystrokes arguing with him. Anyone who spent that much on subwoofer cables is going to be so emotionally invested in them that they will hear a difference whether it exists or not. Logic is not going to work here.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts

Don't forget to upgrade the "crappy" rca jacks on the sub and all the tiny little copper traces on the plate amp. While upgrading that, you can change all the capacitors and resistors to some high quality audiophile ones. Do the same for the computer and sound card.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I love how he stuffed the new sub in his A/V cabinet, yet he has an ugly-ass computer case that doesn't match anything just hanging out in the open...

·
Banned
57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ  /t/1421999/audioengine-a2-speakers-svs-sb12-nsd-sub-200-copper-1200-silver-cable-pics#post_22254412

I think you are wasting keystrokes arguing with him. Anyone who spent that much on subwoofer cables is going to be so emotionally invested in them that they will hear a difference whether it exists or not. Logic is not going to work here.

Not in a blind test, that's the point. It can't be done.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This guy has got to be trolling. Just enjoy the amount of effort he went into making it look legit. People are just not this dumb...they don't exist. And if they did, they'd prob walked in front of a bus by now.

Trolololol

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just had to look at this, as I followed the original post for a bit. However, this 're-post/update' of sorts is...well...just — I don't know. I won't bother commenting on the myriad of things wrong with this ideology; it's just too obvious, obviously. What I find most puzzling is that IF he is trolling (which I cannot understand taking part in in the least anyway; it's an odd cyber phenomenon...adults partaking in a child's perception of what I can only speculate as amusement), why would someone approaching 2.300 posts bother to do so, only to risk jeopardizing any shred of credibility he may have had contained within his past as a member?

Cable debates, posturing, etc...I'm way past that. I just want to know why.

·
Registered
931 Posts
lol i remember this guy, he waxed his panasonic, he hung it up on the wall with "gorilla hooks" (like he didnt use a stud or anything if i remember correctly), then he put another plasma tv about 10 feet away from the first one and had his bose cube speakers inbetween the two of them

·
Banned
8,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchaforce  /t/1421999/audioengine-a2-speakers-svs-sb12-nsd-sub-200-copper-1200-silver-cable-pics#post_22256799

lol i remember this guy, he waxed his panasonic, he hung it up on the wall with "gorilla hooks" (like he didnt use a stud or anything if i remember correctly), then he put another plasma tv about 10 feet away from the first one and had his bose cube speakers inbetween the two of them

lol, at least you can't accuse him for not thinking outside of the box.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some butt load of pics..... knock yourself out. Might as well have some popcorn hehehe.....

AudioQuest Bridges & Falls - Angel ($1200) cable that was hooked up to macbook laptop. I removed it and waxed again.... this is the 3rd layer of wax.

Looks like it had gone through a freezer. Looks cold. My favorite pic!

The build quality and engineering is top-notch.

Buff it off. Pamper that bebe..

HEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEE........

Lots and lots more pics to come.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts