AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackjaw747  /t/1421999/audioengine-a2-speakers-svs-sb12-nsd-sub-200-copper-1200-silver-cable-pics#post_22255138

I love how he stuffed the new sub in his A/V cabinet, yet he has an ugly-ass computer case that doesn't match anything just hanging out in the open...
I know the PC is in ugly position right now..... it's a temporary location. Haven't decided where I'm gonna move to. That's a Lian Li aluminum case, good solid built stuff, but it does look kinda ugly.... not really for show. Concentrate on the wooden cabinet and sub and CABLES lol...

·
Registered
6,244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez  /t/1421999/audioengine-a2-speakers-svs-sb12-nsd-sub-200-copper-1200-silver-cable-pics#post_22257034

Some butt load of pics..... knock yourself out. Might as well have some popcorn hehehe.....

AudioQuest Bridges & Falls - Angel ($1200) cable that was hooked up to macbook laptop. I removed it and waxed again.... this is the 3rd layer of wax.

Seriously??? Sigh.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong  /t/1421999/audioengine-a2-speakers-svs-sb12-nsd-sub-200-copper-1200-silver-cable-pics#post_22257066

Seriously??? Sigh.
Yes. Didn't you see the pics? The wax (Brazilian Carnauba wax) has been applied several times already over the past few months.

Haven't waxed my Sydney cable yet..... it's a $200 cable. Should I wax it? ah [email protected] that.... i'm tired lol.

Yes I wax my plasma TV's too. That's normal. The wax isn't only made for waxing cars. Well, I wax my car too, once a week.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just to reiterate, the $1200 silver (Angel) cable was connected to my macbook, providing top notch sound out of my A2 speakers. Those A2 speakers have been moved to my HTPC setup (as you can see in the pics posted earlier). The $1200 cable is now going to run from A2 speakers to HTPC's Xonar DX7.1 sound card..... So that's $1400 worth cables alone.

Angel cable is a directional cable, connected to the input of the 3.5mm mini input. Sydney cable that's connected to Sub, is also directional. That's a near top-end copper.

Cables connected to the Output of the Xonar DX7.1 sound card on my HTPC. Guess which one is Angel and which one is Sydney??? POP QUIZ!

Pop Quiz?

God those cables look so hot. Exotic cables bebe. Look at that reflection! Which one is Angel and which one is Sydney?
Cheez is waiting for your answer.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez  /t/1421999/audioengine-a2-speakers-svs-sb12-nsd-sub-200-copper-1200-silver-cable-pics#post_22257047

That's a Lian Li aluminum case, good solid built stuff,

Yes, I know what that is. I'm using one for my server... but it's out in the garage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez  /t/1421999/audioengine-a2-speakers-svs-sb12-nsd-sub-200-copper-1200-silver-cable-pics#post_22257034

Buff it off. Pamper that bebe..

DBS = Dielectric Bull $h!t

But they have special properties! Ahh yes, we know what you do:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez  /t/1421999/audioengine-a2-speakers-svs-sb12-nsd-sub-200-copper-1200-silver-cable-pics#post_22253687

- AudioQuest Bridges & Falls - Angel (top-of-the-line solid 100% silver + FAP Air tubes) ($1200)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez  /t/1421130/hsu-stf-2-vs-audioengine-s8-which-has-better-bass-quality/30#post_22243404

And heck.... I *want* to buy another full, 100% solid silver w/ FAP air tube cable
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez  /t/1421130/hsu-stf-2-vs-audioengine-s8-which-has-better-bass-quality/30#post_22252478

It needs a partner,

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackjaw747  /t/1421999/audioengine-a2-speakers-svs-sb12-nsd-sub-200-copper-1200-silver-cable-pics#post_22257126

Yes, I need a partner.
The CABLE that is.

Hey it's not my fault you can't afford nice cables...

Hey, so leaving the sub inside the cabinet with doors closed is a bad thing? You mean aesthetically or sonically? I haven't moved them yet. It's either PC goes in or the sub. One has to stay out. No room for both to be in the cabinet lol..... that damn Lian Li case is so big and bulky.

·
Banned
8,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez  /t/1421999/audioengine-a2-speakers-svs-sb12-nsd-sub-200-copper-1200-silver-cable-pics#post_22257169

Hey, so leaving the sub inside the cabinet with doors closed is a bad thing? You mean aesthetically or sonically?

So you are telling us that you can tell the cable makes a big difference yet you don't know that placing a sub inside of a cabinet is an acoustically bad idea?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
This is like some Andy Kaufman-type ****, it's performance art and the gag is that yes, somebody really will go this far just to make us laugh. Pretty selfless, actually. Thanks, guy :)

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
This guy is a troll and this is his skit. I didn't realize it from the first couple posts, but now it's quite obvious.

Ignore the troll.

When he bought his $1200 cable and gets no rile out of the community that'll be the last laugh.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I would definitely put that computer case in the cabinet instead. Why go through all the trouble with high end cables just to place the sub in the cabinet where it will sound horrible? I would take the time to find the proper spot for that sub if you are expecting a "high end" sound.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
This is a great thread! We all got to have a few laughs at the OP's considerable ($1200 + $200) expense.

To the OP: Did the cable maker send you flowers? That would be the polite thing to do after screwing the daylights out of you .

·
Registered
73 Posts
Between this fool and some of the string-along threads posted by Auditor55, I don't know who's the real troll master around here. Please...no more responses!!!!!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez  /t/1421999/audioengine-a2-speakers-svs-sb12-nsd-sub-200-copper-1200-silver-cable-pics#post_22257079

Yes. Didn't you see the pics? The wax (Brazilian Carnauba wax) has been applied several times already over the past few months.

Haven't waxed my Sydney cable yet..... it's a $200 cable. Should I wax it? ah [email protected] that.... i'm tired lol.

Yes I wax my plasma TV's too. That's normal. The wax isn't only made for waxing cars. Well, I wax my car too, once a week.

If you decide to wax anything "else" please, no pics

·
Registered
91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea  /t/1421999/audioengine-a2-speakers-...opper-1200-silver-cable-pics/30#post_22257525

This guy is a troll and this is his skit. .

Nope... this guy is legit!

I know the type. I had a bass player once who liked to ArmorAll his Anvil road cases...

·
Registered
750 Posts
I run those cables direct into the litter box makes my little ***** cats smarter than normal. I have tried other cables but they don't have the same effect.

·
Registered
931 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez  /t/1421999/audioengine-a2-speakers-svs-sb12-nsd-sub-200-copper-1200-silver-cable-pics#post_22257079

You know you arent supposed to eat the wax right?

·
Registered
883 Posts
To each his own I suppose. Though this is probably one of the most whacked out set ups I've seen in terms of money spent.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts