AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on using Audiolense and J River with a Lynx 2B card to run a digital x-over for Linkwitz Orion speakers?

How seamless is the Audiolense when used in conjunction with J River?

How good is the DRM in the Audiolense?

I J River able to handle running a 6 channel digital x-over with few problems?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone experimented with Audiolense and Lynx?

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
You might want to ask someone over on DIyAudio. I do not know of anyone here doing Xovers that way.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use Audiolense to make digital crossover files for my 2-way diy speakers. The files works very well together with J.River. As far as I know, J.River now supports 8 channels. Lynx is supposed to be vey good, but I only have experience with Echo, which works flawlessly for me.

Frode

·
Registered
35 Posts
Maybe I don't understand very well but isn't there an easier way to do what you are discussing? There are crossover programs already available for this. Take a look.

But- maybe I am misunderstanding what you are trying to accomplish. Foobar also has a iir fiilter x-over component too.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I have already read the first link, and I'm in the process of reading to the thread you linked. Nice and long, but a worthwhile educational experience. The software referenced in your first link, Thuneau, looks interesting. I doubt it is as robust as the Audiolense or Acourate, but may be enough for this project.

Now as to why I'm doing it this way, because to my knowledge, there are very few options for Audio PCs with digital x-overs and DRC that function in a user friendly manner. Once setup, the process has to be transparent so that my kids and spouse can use it with minimal effort. If J. River plays nice with Lynx, then that might be a solution (especially since my media would all be in stored HDs).

If you are asking why a PC as opposed to using an external digital x-over, well, because I would like to reduce the number of pieces in play. That being said, I'm pretty sure one of my projects will have to rely on an external digital x-over.

PS Foobar cannot process DVD's or internal gaming audio, which is relevant to another project, and I'm trying to reduce the number of applications I have to deal with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts