AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had trouble getting my Audiophile 24/96 soundcard to work with some games, such as Doom or MS Flight Simulator. After some research on the Digital Connection site ("Windows .wav file playback" under the topic troubleshooting the Audiophile 24/96), I noted that under Windows 98SE or Me the sound card cannot reproduce audio encoded at 22.05kHz instead of 44.1kHz, with the work around being to open the file in MS Recorder and convert and save as a 44.1kHz file.

Since the games have hundreds of sound files, this is impractical. However, I discovered that other apps such as RealOne or QuickTime can play 22.05kHz files in Windows Me, without manually changing to a 44.1kHz sampling rate. Thus, the solution, which works so far, is to open RealOne, play a brief sound clip, then leave open and minimized. Previously silent apps, such as MS Flight Simulator or Doom, when opened, now magically have sound!

OK, MS Flight Simulator or Doom on an 8 foot wide screen with all speakers pumping is an indulgence, but what the heck!

Cliff - you might want to test out & update info on your site.

Marcel

·
Registered
674 Posts
What about 6.1 channel Eax Advanced HD with an Audigy 2? ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.