AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've just completed the purchase of my HTPC, and I'm having problems getting digital soudn out from the 2496, as well as getting it recognized by Win2K.

First off, my system config is as follows

Athlon Thunderbird 1.4GHz

ECS K7S5A motherboard

Kingston 2X256MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM

ATI Radeon VE 32MB DDR

M-Audio Audiophile 2496

Linksys 10/100 PCI NIC

Anyway, I was using the system with the onboard AC97 sound before my 2496 came. I uninstalled the software for the onboard sound, but didn't disable it in BIOS before installing the 2496, which caused Win2K to repeatedly prompt me to install drivers for the onboard sound whenever I rebooted. However, even then, analog sound from my 2496 worked, but not digital sound.

After disabling the onboard sound in the BIOS, including MIDI/game port/etc, Win2K no longer prompted me for drivers, but still the 2496 didn't output any digital sound. The mixer in Control Panel showed the Master Volume and analog meters to be moving when there's sound playing, but the S/PDIF meter was still, silent, not moving, zilch. I tried meddling around with the settings in the HW mixer, but to no effect.

Also, apps don't seem to be recognizing the fact that there's a soundcard installed. Some programs that require a soundcard to work claim there's none, and gives me a warning message(ex. ATI DVD player)

So, how can I get digital sound to work, and how can I get the 2496 to be recognized? I'll be reinstalling the 2496 drivers to see if that helps...meanwhile, any other advice/suggestions?

Thanks?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.