AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interface design obviously isn't M-Audio's line of work...

This multichannel mixer just seems confusing to me. I've been wrestling with how I can have WinDVD output DTS AND have winamp be able to play without having to go into the mixer and mess with the settings.

I know this card has been around for awhile and there HAS to be someone doing it already. I'd love to hear any war stories and hear possible solutions.

Thanks in advance

Scott.

·
Registered
74 Posts
? Are you using the spdif out of the sound card or the analogue. For winamp download the ASIO plug in and then you can configure it to output to any channel of the sound card. I use the delta 410 and i have it output to 0 so it sends out the sound through the analogue out to my left and right speakers if I shift ti to 8 it will send it out through the spdif output. There is no need to go into the maudio control panel for spdif but it is a awesome tool for the analogue outputs. Don't know if this answered your question though but good luck.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
â€Interface design obviously isn't M-Audio's line of work...â€

Obviously! The new consumer division has professional UI designers and maybe some of that work will spill over to the Delta UI.

â€This multichannel mixer just seems confusing to me.â€

That is because it was designed for professional recording use and not for what you are trying make it do.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the ASIO suggestion! I'll put that in. Now I have to get the ATI MMC to do the same thing. What's funny is that if I play with the Multichannel mixer enough, I can get everything to work out of the SP/DIF, it just won't work after a restart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.