AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
How long does it take a audioquest interconnect cable with a battery pack to charge?

Thank you

·
Registered
15,937 Posts

Reactions: Hetfieldjames

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Hi
How long does it take a audioquest interconnect cable with a battery pack to charge?

Thank you
It's always 'on' unless the battery dies. It is supposed to do something to the dielectric material that somehow is then supposed to affect the wire's conductor (in a positive way sonically). I don't understand it, so color me highly skeptical. But I've never heard or owned an AQ product with DBS.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Pure marketing BS.

·
Registered
15,937 Posts
It is supposed to do something to the dielectric material that somehow is then supposed to affect the wire's conductor (in a positive way sonically). I don't understand it,
. . . Nor does anyone else, including the people who make it.

Reactions: Speedskater

·
Registered
15,937 Posts
"Discussion and Conclusions
Once again we have a tweak vendor imagining there is a problem in audio and proceeding to fix it without first verifying the problem was there to begin with! To a lay person I am sure the concept of cable insulation causing non-linearity makes sense as much as a photon torpedo does in Star Trek TV series. That is science fiction though. The real life has to deal with things that can be proven to exist first before rushing to create an expensive solution for it. Of course there is no evidence that the fix works either.

There is clearly no technical problem that the Victoria cable with and without DBS solves. So how about listener testimonials that using such cables improves sound? Explanation is simple: you put in this cable and then intently try to listen for difference. Your brain switches form lay back enjoyment of music to analysis and now it notices detail in your system which heretofore had ignored. Viola! You now hear more air, more detail, instruments that you had not hear before. The bias is set in now and switching back to your old cable sounds dull, uninteresting, etc.

To above I will just say this: how come you were proud of your system prior to using this cable? If it lacked such detail, air, etc. how was it ever good? Had you spend all that money on your electronics, speakers, etc. only to have dull sound waiting for this cable to rescue it? See where I am going?

Please accept how your physiology works. Understand that your brain is creative, highly adaptive and can do things differently in different conditions. Have a loved one switch cables on you and then see if you hear those extra improvements. If you don't, combined with the above measurements, please follow the only logical conclusion that these cables and their tweaks do nothing for your system.

Needless to say, I can't recommend the AudioQuest Victoria cable with DBS. If you are itching to spend $300, give that money to a charity or a loved one with a real need for money. "

- Amirm, AudioQuest Victoria Audio Cable with DBS Review

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi again
I bought these cables years and years ago. I would say the model I have has been discontinued. I asked the question because im replacing the batteries in them.

I don't want to start a war over a topic that has been going on for decades. I think they make a difference, but I respect the other camps opinion, don't agree but respect.
Have a nice day,

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Hi again
I bought these cables years and years ago. I would say the model I have has been discontinued. I asked the question because im replacing the batteries in them.

I don't want to start a war over a topic that has been going on for decades. I think they make a difference, but I respect the other camps opinion, don't agree but respect.
Have a nice day,
Don't bother replacing the batteries, they don't do anything anyway...

·
Registered
15,937 Posts
I wonder why he didn't discuss the phase inversion membrane's di-electric curve causing the sub-optimal frequency transfer's capacitance to stabilize the electromotive force's wavering we see on an oscilloscope? As we all know the upper midrange's micro details get smeared and blurred if this is not done properly.

It is like when you oil a sticking door hinge. The friction is reduced so the motion becomes unimpeded. Nobody can deny that. This is exactly what we are doing to the electrical flow in the wire: it is essentially getting (for a lack of a better word) "lubricated" so the amp has better control of the drivers (woofer, midrange, and tweeter). An added benefit is the DTB factor: deeper, tighter bass.

·
Registered
15,937 Posts
Rockwell over a decade ago worked on a similar technology to provide inverse reactive current (used in some phase detractors):

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Is the battery actually doing something to the cable (I.e., supplying the voltage) or is it just a box with a light on it? (Lots of devices claim to do stuff but when taken apart they are just a light with a switch). Fancy boxes have a blinking light to show they are "working".

·
Registered
15,937 Posts

Screen grab I just made from the comments section of this following video from the audio industry expert, Dr. Sean Olive.
The video itself I did not watch. (Too long and I already understand this company's M.O. ) I'm just providing a link for the comment's source:
"Proposal to End the Audiophile Cable Snake Oil Forever" - Youtube

·
Registered
15,937 Posts
Worf, to answer your question: there is no electrical connection to the internal copper conductor. The outer insulation, or as they prefer to call it "di-electric", is what is being, um, "energized" by the battery: DBS, (dielectric bias system) "white paper"

Notice the crystals' "re-alignment" in the link's diagram?

It's analogous to this sales pitch:
Obviously the thicker, stronger sound marks of the B-Vox speaker are the way to go if you care about sound! [sarcasm]

1 - 20 of 32 Posts