AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my RCA cables from my Arcam 73T CD player to connect to my Pioneer Elite AV reciever. I right now use Monster on most of my interconnects and Audioquest for speaker wiring. What do feel is a better cable? Monster M950i or Audioquest Copperhead, i dont want to get into big prices. If you have another brand to suggest in the $100-125 price range, please post!

·
Registered
4,054 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Save your money. The biggest improvement from upgraded cables is going to be the connector rather than the cable itself. If any of your cables have a stamped RCA plug, replace it with a cable that has machined connectors.

Personally I own both and cannot tell a difference.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh9269 /forum/post/0

I am looking to upgrade my RCA cables from my Arcam 73T CD player to connect to my Pioneer Elite AV reciever. I right now use Monster on most of my interconnects and Audioquest for speaker wiring. What do feel is a better cable? Monster M950i or Audioquest Copperhead, i dont want to get into big prices. If you have another brand to suggest in the $100-125 price range, please post!

Upgrade cables? What is the problem with what you have? Do you need more cables or really have enough and just want to exchange them.

If the latter, forget it. Waste of money. But more software.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
"upgrade" the cables? I guarantee putting that money towards room treatment would make 1,000,000 times more of an improvement....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynberg /forum/post/0

"upgrade" the cables? I guarantee putting that money towards room treatment would make 1,000,000 times more of an improvement....

That is a great idea, my bedroom is very poor acoustically, too much equipment too little room....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.