AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched high and low and can't find a thing about this guy. I found it at a Thrift Store and wondered if it's even worth anything. It's marked at $15. Should I buy and resell it? What is it even worth?

I've always known AudioSource to make some decent stuff, just couldn't find a thing about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
Pretty darn sure this is an AM/FM tuner/pre amp only.

They actually are nice, and have excellent sensetivity.

Not sure who needs an AM/FM tuner only these days. Maybe me for down at my observatory at 8000' in the Zuni Mtns, middle of no where New Mexico.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I demand an FM tuner. As for how good they are, that's a funny thing. My Yamaha receivers have varied a bit in their reception ability. One would think Yamaha would package the same tuner circuit in every receiver.

"back in the day" people would actually review the tuners in these receivers. I don't think I have seen a tuner review in years. You are on your own there.

FM is not dead, John. How else you going to listen to your morning rock N roll fix that comes packaged with the traffic report?

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
Well FM is just breaking it big from AM down at my observatory and my trusty old 20+ year old techics Pro Logic's FM tuner is not cutting it.

You have to cut it some slack, it really is out there in the Third World U.S. of A.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts