AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already posted this plea for help on the TB forum, but I find this forum to be frequented more often. And I want my AT to work this weekend before the TB support line opens on Monday.

I just purchased a refurbished AT. It has firmware v1.2.1. I can't get it to connect to the network.

The AT is connected to a ethernet hub which is connected to a Linksys router (BEFSR41). Hub and router light is on for the AT Cat 5 plug.

I have Win XP Pro installed on my desktop which is directly connected to the router. The router is connected to a DSL modem. All network connections are working perfect.

I use XP to auto configure my home network to talk with my laptop which also has XP Pro. Nothing fancy, straight vanilla setup.

I tried the Set-up Utility test scanning nodes with no luck.

I tried enabling DHCP on boot with no luck.

I disabled DHCP on the AT and assigned the next static IP address from my router. Confirmed gateway = router IP and subnet mask = router settings on the AT. No luck.

I even tried setting up a user account on the desktop with atron (user) and astronpass (pass) since I read that this is required for W2K/XP. No luck.

I'm at a loss as to what to try next to get the AT to find the network?

Anyone?

Thanks,

Duffin

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Cable problem? When connecting from one hub to another hub (or router) you usually need an ethernet crossover cable, rather than a regular ethernet patch cable. Many hubs also let you use a regular ethernet patch cable, but one of their ports is specially-marked as "Uplink". You then press an"Uplink" button to make the proper hub-to-hub connection.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having so many problems Duffin. Sometimes network stuff can be pretty frustrating. I have a Linksys too, but a different model. You should also check the Linksys website to see if there are any updates to the firmware and the software for your router.

I am able to connect using the DHCP without any problems. You might try restoring the factory default from the AT itself and start from scratch. I am using firmware 3.0.15, so hopefully you have this feature. On mine you would select the "options" button and then press the "right arrow" button to cycle through the menu. When you get to "Restore Factory Defaults" I believe you press the large knob. There may be a confirmation prompt after that as I recall.

Let us know if you make any progress or not.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm rocking! Thanks!

Starting over with a static IP and without a user name and password did the trick.

Hub wasn't an issue. Put it back in the loop with no problem.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
208 Posts
That's great Duffin! Glad I could help. You should be able to upgrade to the latest AT firmware too. You can find it and the instructions to install it on the Turtle Beach website. Keep on Rockin'!

Jorge

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
duffin...

Can I ask what switch / hub you are using to connect to the LinkSys router?

I've been trying to get my Negear switch to connect to a BEFSR41 router all weekend with no luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.