AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In particular, I am wondering about the relative merits of using the line level stereo inputs from a head unit that actually outputs four channels (line level) inline between my headunit and the separate amp (six channel, FR, FL, RR, RL, dual Sub) where at present all the non sub channels route to a two way system (separate tweeter/mid) where there is an inline crossover. Relative to using some other input, on the BitTen, that is.

I'm wanting to create a set and forget system, so the DRC is not of interest.

----

Separately, it's still not clear to me what measurement capability, if any, the BitTen comes with -- or whether I need to plot time and frequency response in the car via another method -- and input that data into the BitTen via the computer interface.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I just grabbed a copy and paste here at work real quick. Not sure if this at all helps.

As for autotune, I do not believe it has it. So you will have to adjust your T/A and EQ manually.

http://www.raysmith.co.uk/media/cata...itTen_2011.pdf

OEM

Get a wire harness for your OEM stereo and splice RR+/-, FR+/-, FL+/-, RL+/- to the coresponding wires supplied with the Bit Ten. You'll probably need extra wire to add length to the connections to reach from the OEM HU to Bit Ten.

Carefully follow the instructions supplied with the Bit Ten for a high-level setup. It will walk you through setting master input levels and DE-EQing.

After market

Connect a single 2-ch RCA cable from head unit to Bit Ten. Bypass after market HU DSP if option is available. Use DRC or OS to select aux channel. The Bit Ten will then divide the signal into 5 channels, each of which can be modified to your liking.

SQ wise, I'm guessing the aftermarket option might sound a little cleaner, considering the signal doesn't need to be DE-EQ'd - and also if the after market DAC is better than the OEM's.

·
Registered
15,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno /forum/post/20833602

I just grabbed a copy and paste here at work real quick. Not sure if this at all helps.

As for autotune, I do not believe it has it. So you will have to adjust your T/A and EQ manually.

http://www.raysmith.co.uk/media/cata...itTen_2011.pdf

OEM

Get a wire harness for your OEM stereo and splice RR+/-, FR+/-, FL+/-, RL+/- to the coresponding wires supplied with the Bit Ten. You'll probably need extra wire to add length to the connections to reach from the OEM HU to Bit Ten.

Carefully follow the instructions supplied with the Bit Ten for a high-level setup. It will walk you through setting master input levels and DE-EQing.

After market

Connect a single 2-ch RCA cable from head unit to Bit Ten. Bypass after market HU DSP if option is available. Use DRC or OS to select aux channel. The Bit Ten will then divide the signal into 5 channels, each of which can be modified to your liking.

SQ wise, I'm guessing the aftermarket option might sound a little cleaner, considering the signal doesn't need to be DE-EQ'd - and also if the after market DAC is better than the OEM's.

My OEM stereo has line level outputs (and an inactive digital output -- used on models with an higher end factory upgraded stereo) that feed a separate amp. So I'd likely use the BitTen between the head unit and the amp -- via stereo analog input on the BitTen.

I'm not 100% set up for test measurements (have the ratshack meter and test tones) but suspect there might be a popular enthusiast solution I could adopt, if the BitTen doesn't have that, for example, built into their PC setup software.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.