AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, after reading a bazzilion post I've not really gotten anywhere. I'll give a bit of background on what I have and what I want to do.

Hardware: HTPC and Audrey(s). I have these talking great and have the ability to create a custom interface using html and using it to talk to girder.

Plan: What I want to do is use my Audrey to contol X-10 lighting and also control my HTPC and amplifier. My goal is to be able to hit pause on the audrey and have the lights come up so someone can got to the washroom etc.

What I know: How to create my interface and contol my HTPC via audrey.

What I dont know: What is the best way to integrate IR and X-10 control into this system. I'm looking for an inexpensive DIY solution.

What I've seen: Houselink computer controlled X-10 and IR controller
http://www.smarthome.com/1620.html

If I get this controller, 4 X-10 dimmer modules and some IR emitters it'll only set me back about $350. It seems to fit all of my needs but was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with it or knows of a similiar solution that works well.

Also, does anyone know of a Canadian supplier of such products?

Wes

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wes,

I've also got an Audrey (well, two actually) and they're a neat little touchscreen. Mine is used to control lighting and could certainly do what you want, but I'd strongly suggest that you try out the Homeseer automation software that I'm using. Go to homeseer.com and you'll find a forum dedicated to the touchscreens, where you'll find tons of help on the Audrey (from people much smarter than I).

Ross

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.