·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my setup: Polk TC265i left and right inwall

Polk CSI A6 center

Polk TC 60i rear surrounds in ceiling

Polk PSW505

My question is that when I run Audyssey on my Denon 2807, it tells me the fronts and middle are large and the crossover should be 60. I called Polk and they told me not to rely on Audyssey and set ALL speakers to small and cross them over at 80. I've run Audyssey 3 times now precisely following the directions with the same results. Who do I believe?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Both. Many like to bump the crossover after Audyssey is run to lift some bass load off the receiver and shift it to the subwoofer. It is a personal preference. See which you like the best.

·
Registered
807 Posts
First you should have posted this question in the Audyssey thread, second it has been answered in that thread about 100 times, third contrary to what Denon says it isn't Audyssey that is setting them to large it's Denon.

With that being said you should set your speakers to Small

·
Registered
807 Posts
It's nice when people at least make a small effort to find information in an already existing thread rather than cluttering up the forums by starting new redundant threads.

The "Official" Audyssey thread is by far one of the most active ongoing threads here and is typically on the first page of threads in the AMPs, Receivers forum. If all you did was search for the word 'Audyssey' you would have come up with that thread as one of your first choices.

What happens when posters don't follow basic forum etiquette by searching before starting a thread, is that we end up with multiple threads on the same subject with information scattered everywhere.

I'm not trying to come across as angry but someone needs to explain this to you in an effort to maintain organization. Please at least make some sort of effort to find information on your question before starting a new thread.

BTW it was Onkyo not Audyssey that set my condescending remark to large.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts