AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I have the Onkyo 805 and completed set up yesterday before going to work-work 12hr nightshifts from 6 to 6 so please bear with me. Like most people Auddyssey set all my speakers to "FullBand"......I went in and adjusted them to 80khz and have played with them in different ranges also. The sound is not to distinguisable to me between 60khz to 100khz but do notice a difference from "FullBand". Anyway I have not had a chance to make any adjustments to the sub yet as it sounded pretty good with the movie I was playing. My question is how do you know when Audyssey is working, is there a display on the receiver somewhere to indicate this? Do I have to be set to a certain listening mode? Again I am new to all this so please bear with as I am trying to learn what all this terminology means and how to put it to use....which I may never fully understand!

Thanks again, KO.

·
Registered
156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kofloyd /forum/post/13011084

Hey All,

I have the Onkyo 805 and completed set up yesterday before going to work-work 12hr nightshifts from 6 to 6 so please bear with me. Like most people Auddyssey set all my speakers to "FullBand"......I went in and adjusted them to 80khz and have played with them in different ranges also. The sound is not to distinguisable to me between 60khz to 100khz but do notice a difference from "FullBand". Anyway I have not had a chance to make any adjustments to the sub yet as it sounded pretty good with the movie I was playing. My question is how do you know when Audyssey is working, is there a display on the receiver somewhere to indicate this? Do I have to be set to a certain listening mode? Again I am new to all this so please bear with as I am trying to learn what all this terminology means and how to put it to use....which I may never fully understand!

Thanks again, KO.

My 905 has a little red 'Audyssey' light that comes on whenever it is working (lower left corner of the receiver display). I do not know where it is on the 805, if it has one. It should be listed in your manual on the page that talks about Onkyo's display window.

good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts