AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I found that I have hum after I run the Audyssey EQ?! Go figure.

So, I reset my onky and the hum is gone! How important is it to run Audyssey EQ? Will I be missing anything if I don't? My speakers sound great without the EQ running...or am I just such a noob that loud just seems/sounds good?

·
Premium Member
10,411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gte697h /forum/post/14197679

Hi,

I found that I have hum after I run the Audyssey EQ?! Go figure.

So, I reset my onky and the hum is gone! How important is it to run Audyssey EQ? Will I be missing anything if I don't? My speakers sound great without the EQ running...or am I just such a noob that loud just seems/sounds good?

I would not worry about not using any of the automatic setup software. It all needs to be done manually.

·
Registered
30,709 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by umr /forum/post/14197762

I would not worry about not using any of the automatic setup software. It all needs to be done manually.

Duh. Now, tell us how one can do this manually, given the equipment that the OP has?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/14197932

Duh. Now, tell us how one can do this manually, given the equipment that the OP has?

I meant I don't have to calibrate if things sound ok, right? Am I missing something if I don't run the autoequalizer?

Its also odd that the Audyssey setup brings in hum....any ideas why?

·
Registered
30,709 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gte697h /forum/post/14199271

I meant I don't have to calibrate if things sound ok, right? Am I missing something if I don't run the autoequalizer?

IMHO, it is likely that your room's acoustics and setup are not perfect and that means, to me, that using Audyssey will be a significant improvement. But, if you are satisfied, that's fine.

Quote:
Its also odd that the Audyssey setup brings in hum....any ideas why?

No but there is an 'official Audyssey' thread here and the CTO of Audyssey hangs out there. IIRC, the hum issue has been brought up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts