AVS Forum banner

Which do you prefer ?? Audyssey (Movie) or Audyssey Flat (Music)

• Audyssey (Movie)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Audyssey Flat (Music)

Votes: 11 73.3%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I've always preferred flat with my Denon 3808, in a small, but fully treated room with the acoustic properties (based on volume settings) of a room with 3-4 times the volume of air). I believe I read that standard Audyssey, for XT at least, rolls off the upper frequencies at a point, which some find objectionable. I just thought flat sounded a bit better, subjectively, switching between the two once and left it.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Varnadore  /t/1522413/audyssey-or-audyssey-flat#post_24481804

I've always preferred flat with my Denon 3808, in a small, but fully treated room with the acoustic properties (based on volume settings) of a room with 3-4 times the volume of air). I believe I read that standard Audyssey, for XT at least, rolls off the upper frequencies at a point, which some find objectionable. I just thought flat sounded a bit better, subjectively, switching between the two one and left it.

It works the same for XT32. I have a rather large room that is not treated at all, but has carpeting and furniture. No vaulted ceiling or too many windows to deal with. I simply cannot hear any difference, so I basically have been using FLAT.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov  /t/1522413/audyssey-or-audyssey-flat#post_24482781

I simply cannot hear any difference

I really can't either, and I'm running the same AVR and speakers as you are. I spend much more time futzing with DEQ and RLO.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Have brick walls, wood floors, and a few windows. I sit about 10 ft from my TV/Speakers. In my 5.1 setting, I've always left it on MultEQ XT: Audyssey. Saw no reason (haven't seen a reason on this board either) to change it to flat

·
Registered
3,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov  /t/1522413/audyssey-or-audyssey-flat#post_24479341

BTW.... I have a Denon 4311 with XT32
I do too and just measured xt32 both versions. They are almost the same curve. And it didn't eq my subwoofer all that great. Very disappointed with audyssey. Created a few big dips that weren't in the raw measurement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.