AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using the audyssey eq on my denon 3806. When audyssey is engages, master volume on some discs can only be turned up to -4 db. It I turn the eq to off, then I can adjust the volume well into the +db range. For most movies, this is not a problem, but sometimes the max volume I can get with audyssey on is just not enough.Any suggestions??

·
Registered
62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4vu /forum/post/0

I am using the audyssey eq on my denon 3806. When audyssey is engages, master volume on some discs can only be turned up to -4 db. It I turn the eq to off, then I can adjust the volume well into the +db range. For most movies, this is not a problem, but sometimes the max volume I can get with audyssey on is just not enough.Any suggestions??

Audyssey can adjust the signal +/- 9 db, so if your signal needs to be raised a lot for certain frequencies, it takes the needed room from the volume control.

So if your max volume is +5 without Audyssey engaged and Audyssey need to correct the maximum 9 db upwards, then with Audyssey engaged, your max volume will be -4.

I hope this explains your observations.

Adri.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With some movies that I watch my max volume that I get with audyssey engaged is not enough. Is there anything that can be done to fix this besides turning audyssey off?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.