AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry for the lousy picture quality, the divisions are 5dB, at about 8khz, the response starts dropping and ends up being - 12dB @20khz. This is on the flat setting too.

Without ameq, the response is pretty much flat out to about 14khz, being - 3dB at 10khz and - 6dB down at 20khz. This makes sense, because the speakers in use (klipsch reference premiere) have pretty constant 90x90 directivity control from 1khz-14khz, so room reflections should be similar in timbre to on axis, just lower in volume.

Here is the response measured without audyssey at the mlp

What could I be doing to cause audyssey to roll the HF off like that? I've tried a different mic of the same model and it still does the same thing, so it isn't that.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,047 Posts
Have you considered not using Audyssey since you don't like what it is doing?

·
Registered
12,879 Posts
What mic are you using with REW and does it have a calibration file loaded into REW?

It is very difficult to compare those two graphs since one is a very off-angle photo with 5dB increments and the other has 10dB increments...so it is hard to say how much Audyssey is really rolling off the high-end. Could you post both measurements overlayed on one graph (using the screenshot function in REW, no photos please!)?

Also, you can set the upper limit of the graph much lower (say, 90dB). This will give us a better idea of what is happening.

Would you say you have a reflective room? Audyssey will tend to excessively roll off the high end if there are too many reflective surfaces in the room.

Are you using a proper mic boom stand for the Audyssey microphone?

Do you have leather or vinyl seating? If so, did you try to cover it with a thick blanket during calibration?

Are these graphs FL/FR speakers only, or is there a subwoofer contributing to the graphs?

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
just dont use flat and use regular audyssey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts