AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Denon 2310 receiver and I have a 5.1 speaker system. While running audyssey I chose amp assign as normal, but after reading the manual further, I think I should have selected zone 2. Everything seems to be working however, I'm not sure if I should re-run the set-up again.

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts
The correct setting is AMP ASSIGN = Zone 2, although when you ran AUTO SETUP with the setting at Normal, it would have detected there were no rear surround speakers and simply set them to NONE so there's no reason to rerun AUTO SETUP unless you want to. However, if you do change AMP ASSIGN to Zone 2 you will be required to run AUTO SETUP again.

For additional questions regarding your 2310, please join us in the 2310/890 Owner's Thread .

·
Registered
30,174 Posts
actually, you might not have to re-run it. since you are only running 5.1, Audyssey probably detected that Surr.Back=NONE so when you switch the amp assign to Zone 2 it shouldn't give you any issues. Generally, if you change your speaker configuration Audyssey will want you to re-run the auto setup so it can measure the new speakers, but since that change (in your case) will not actually add any new speakers, you probably don't have to re-run.

You can check with a very simple test -- simply switch to Zone 2 setting and see if you can still use Audyssey (e.g. Dyn EQ + Volume). If you can, then everything is fine and you don't need to re-run.

Note that there is no reason to make the switch, NORMAL and ZONE2 will be no different as long as Audyssey correctly detected 5.1 speakers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you make manual changes after running audyssey (such as crossovers and speaker channel level), and then leave multeq and dyneq on, will it incorporate those changes?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.