AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking to augment my NAD T773. It has excellent sound quality, but no HDMI or other newer features. Since replacing my TV recently, this has become an issue mainly due to no HDMI lip-sync ability.

Any recommendations for a good preamp? I am considering the NAD T748, but I'd love to find something slightly cheaper. I don't need any real amplifier on it, just 7.1 line-level outputs.

Must have:

- Multiple HDMI inputs

- Support for all the latest audio formats (DTS Master Audio, etc.)

- HDMI Audio Return Channel

- HDMI Lip Sync delay adjustment

- 7.1 Analog Outputs to connect to my NAD T773.

Preferably

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Look at the NAD T747 on closeout for $599. It works great and I am sure the T773 has a great amp! I have the T763 and it plenty powerful and I love the MAIN-IN feature. The newer NAD receivers don't have that. I also bought a NAD T775 HD (for its new ness), but I don't think you can go wrong with the 773 if you already have it. You have to get a T785 to match the 773's amps.

Do you have that many HDMI sources? Lip sync hasn't really been a problem for me. I bought a Sony S5000ES BD player for $350 on closeout and it has awesom 7.1 channel analog output for all the new audio codecs. For everything else I used optical (with the 763). With 775, I am using HDMI and comparing it to multi channel analog, they are equally good!

Most of these new receivers with HDMI are not as powerful as the 773!

·
Registered
319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai /forum/post/20853995

Look at the NAD T747 on closeout for $599. It works great and I am sure the T773 has a great amp!

The T747 has, IMHO, a fatal flaw: it will not do video pass-through and its forced video conversion offers only 24 and 60Hz options, defaulting to 60Hz unless manually set to 24Hz each time...

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaraficionado
The T747 has, IMHO, a fatal flaw: it will not do video pass-through and its forced video conversion offers only 24 and 60Hz options, defaulting to 60Hz unless manually set to 24Hz each time...
While it is a fault, I don't think it is fatal!! There are a lot of satisfied owners out there. That said, the multi channel analog on the 773 is awesome (I have a 763). I have not had any lipsync issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.