1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
You need to buy a separate amplifier to power the shakers. You can use something like the BK-1000 or go for a smaller one like the BK-300 depending on how many you plan to connect.

I recommend buying one of the higher end transducer models such as the Buttkicker LFE ($200), Earthquake Q10B ($500), Crowson ($500) if they would fit in your setup. They usually will have a response down to the single digits and they will feel a lot less gimmicky than the lower end models. Of course if you go that route, the amplifier requirements would also be higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediaman98  /t/1523258/aura-bass-shakers-for-couch#post_24501816

I might be adding butt shakers to my couches:
http://www.amazon.com/Aura-AST-2B-4-Bass-Shaker-Pair/dp/B009ZEAWVO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1395230550&sr=8-2&keywords=butt+shakers

I wanted to see if I needed to buy the additional amplifier or can I connect them to the speaker out on the sub? 

This is the sub I currently have:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290130

TY!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry to steal your thread but I've had these "shakers" on my mind as a potential upgrade. Current system is marantz 6006 in 7.1, CM9s, 600 series surrounds and a SVS PB13 ultra. So for those that have these, what are your impressions?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

That would be great to go with the buttshakers, but they are out of my budget at the moment.  From the reviews of the Aura, it seems like a decent product to give the vibration effect. 

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just installed the aura bass shakers under my couch and l love them, don't why I never taught of this before...

If you're a movie lover get any good shakers that you can afford and you will enjoy it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I added them myself recently! They are pretty cool- although- I haven't really cranked them up yet. From my initial tests at volume 20 out of 100- I can say they def pack a punch! So glad I added them!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

hi fellas,

i added 1 aurora to each section of my couch ( so 3 shakers total ) that i power from a older pioneer avr.  

Bottom line....i love them.  Are there better shakers....yeah probably, but the auroras, in my opinion, represent an amazing value.  

I like my shakers to add some extra punch / tactile feel, but i don't like them to be ridiculously turned up...ie...if there is a little girl whispering on the screen, i don't want my couch rumbling as if im watching war of the worlds.

i love powering them with a receiver, because i can quickly adjust their intensity, just by turning the avr up or down, via remote.  I generally don't do this though, since once your find the level you like, it's very easy to just leave it there, and not need to adjust film by film.    

my advice would be to get them, asap.  I never thought id be the kind of guy who would like these, since they seemed like a gimmick to me, but the reality is that if you adjust these properly so that they balance with the rest of your system...they can add an absolutely new awesome element to movie watching!

and if your the type of guy who like the couch shaking like crazy, these will give you that as well, and do so very cleanly.  

here's a few pics of my system just for reference.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.