AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I put my order in. Already shipped. We'll see if I get 2 boxes of four, or just 2.

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
mine shipped as well...

c

and mine says 8.8 pound package...so it means one instead of four as the case should be 33 pounds...

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Houston.... We have a problem.

Quote:
Product Details

Product Dimensions: 23 x 2.8 x 15 inches ; 32 pounds
Shipping Weight: 6.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)

Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.

Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.

ASIN: B001D4CQWW

Item model number: GRAMMA

If these orders were being fulfilled by Amazon then I'm sure they would honor the price but seeing how these orders are through an outside vendor, everyone most likely will have to return them for credit to their card.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithfarmer /forum/post/18261622

...seeing how these orders are through an outside vendor, everyone most likely will have to return them for credit to their card.

Yep. Which is why I never placed an order. It's not worth the hassle.

I could actually use 2 or 3 of them, but I knew it was too good to be true.

The seller seems like a real moron too, since ufokillerz said he sent them an email about the possible mistake, but the seller never responded or changed the listing.

Funny how the email is not replied to, yet when the orders started rolling in via email, they had no problem fulfilling the orders.

So the email from ufokillerz was probably just ignored, which makes the seller look like more of a scam artist IMO.

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
everyone that ordered these might have to return them but if you do make sure they send you a return label for the shipping! Under no circumstances should anyone have to pay for return shipping!

Best,

Chris

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I'm going to complain through Amazon about the false listing and see what they say. But I'll just end up returning it as well I'm sure.

·
Banned
2,244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro J /forum/post/18264702

I'm going to complain through Amazon about the false listing and see what they say. But I'll just end up returning it as well I'm sure.

yep, as the listing is STILL up amazon may take care of us...

Chris

·
Lifetime Member
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i heard from a friend that i mentioned this to, he actually dealt with them before too, he ordered a box of 4, got 1, so he complained, and they offered him a extra one or a return label, he of course took the extra one they were willing to sent. after that they removed the listing, but it came back again from the looks of it. seems like it would be a good deal if they honor it somewhat and send a extra one out.

But as the posters above said, this store is full of idiots, especially since i've heard from my friend that this isn't their first time with this mistake.

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
...and as expected, received one today. Sent a very nice email through the Amazon system asking when the other three would be shipping...

·
Registered
2,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCONKLIN1 /forum/post/18287852

well, at least they took the ad down...

still no response to my email...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro J /forum/post/18288153

No response to my email either...how long do I give them until I get Amazon involved...

LOL!!! The ad is still up and so is the price - $199

The ad still contains the misleading description and wrong shipping weight if there were actually four in the box. After the product arrived and it wasn't as described, I would call the vendor and find out when the other 3 were going to ship. If I got any response other than "Sorry for the mistake, we'll be shipping them out immediately!", I'd call Amazon and lodge a complaint and then leave negative feedback on the vendor as I feel they are purposely listing this item incorrectly.

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
that listing is by a different vendor. mine offered to sell me three extra for $43 each. I said no and will take it up with amazon...

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I've got a hunch it's one vendor using different names. The product description is exactly the same as I posted earlier.

Quote:
Product Details

Product Dimensions: 23 x 2.8 x 15 inches ; 32 pounds

Shipping Weight: 6.6 pounds
(View shipping rates and policies)

Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.

Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.

ASIN: B001D4CQWW

Item model number: GRAMMA

Something fishy going on for sure.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Yep. I ordered two boxes of four. Yesterday I received 2 boxes of one. This morning I called Amazon. They asked me to call the vendor. This morning I shall call the vendor and esplain to them they have 2 choices: make good on the original order, or pay to have it returned, plus provide me a full refund. If they choose the latter, I will make sure Amazon understands the little fraud scheme going on.

·
Banned
2,244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkosmann /forum/post/18291076

Yep. I ordered two boxes of four. Yesterday I received 2 boxes of one. This morning I called Amazon. They asked me to call the vendor. This morning I shall call the vendor and esplain to them they have 2 choices: make good on the original order, or pay to have it returned, plus provide me a full refund. If they choose the latter, I will make sure Amazon understands the little fraud scheme going on.

Ditto! I have already sent my third and final email to them regarding this and told them the same things. they can issue a call tag for this one and provide a full refund or ship the other three.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts