Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies/Gent's

I find it very hard to find the players discussed on this forum in Australia. I have found the Q50 and thats about it.

Whats the best Faroudja (SP) Based DVD player that does PAL progressive available in OZ?

Im using it with my NEC LT-240 Projector. DVI isnt important as the LT-240 doesnt support it.

Thanks

Luke

·
Registered
35 Posts
Philips DVD-S963SA. RRP $1499AUD. Might be hard to find at the moment as I hear the model has been recalled for the green stripe fix. Probably cheaper to import from Europe, anyway.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wyzeguy
Probably cheaper to import from Europe, anyway.
Definitely cheaper to import from Europe! In the order of around half the price, and that's _including_ the postage. I ordered it from www.soundform.nl (although the website seems to be down for an update at the moment). . Highly recommend these guys.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Pity that site is down at the moment. Ill keep checking back though.

·
Registered
345 Posts
street price is close to 1000-1100 if you push hard enough.

local warranty is 3 years vs the one year international warranty

·
Registered
160 Posts
You could also do what I do and take a 4 day trip to HK have a break and come back miles in front...

cheers laurie

·
Registered
473 Posts
The 963SA green stripe mod has been done - I have one. For ~$150 direct import savings (remember customs), I'd rather have the local warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.