AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Mike Myers is in negotiations with New Line Cinema to make a fourth "Austin Powers" film, an individual familiar with the situation confirmed to TheWrap.

It's been nine years since the last "Austin Powers" movie. The individual told TheWrap that a deal is expected."

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...4201&GT1=28101

Now that Dr. Evil and Austin Powers are brothers, do they team up against Scott?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Really enjoyed the first two films. Hopefully they come up with some new material and not just reuse the same gags.

·
Registered
Yamaha TSR700 (Bose 301II’s), DirecTV 4K, Apple TV 4K, Philips 4K BDP, LG 75” Nanocell
594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacvols /forum/post/20818198

"Mike Myers is in negotiations with New Line Cinema to make a fourth "Austin Powers" film, an individual familiar with the situation confirmed to TheWrap.

It's been nine years since the last "Austin Powers" movie. The individual told TheWrap that a deal is expected."

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...4201&GT1=28101

Now that Dr. Evil and Austin Powers are brothers, do they team up against Scott?

New villain? Scotty is a Powers son/nephew/grandson.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Maybe AP4 is exactly what Mike Myers needs to get back on the horse.

The Love Guru was one of the most horrible, cringe-inducing movies ever made...

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 /forum/post/20821038

Yes, a cash-grab sequel to a tired franchise is exactly what the irrelevant actor needs.

While Austin Powers did make me laugh, I can't disagree here.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I really like these movies, and am always happy to see another coming.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/20823164

Have to admit never seen any of the Austin Power movies( Me and my wife are the only two)

Anytime you are in the mood for a funny semi-stupid, campy, but extremely clever movie, check them out!!!

·
Registered
15,466 Posts
I liked all of them (although not slavishly) and actually found the 3rd one to probably be the funniest over all. It's rare that I'm reduced to tears of laughter, but the "Austin and mini-me" shadow show behind the medical curtain has put me there consistently.

I also agree, though, that this seems a rather desperate move on Myer's part, clearly motivated by his more recent failures at the box office.

·
Premium Member
5,019 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink /forum/post/20824670

It's a shame this wasn't made in to a movie by Myers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprocke...day_Night_Live )

One of his funniest characters ever.

I thought he tried at one point and ran into some kind of contractual trouble (don't remember the details).

I loved all of the Austin Powers movies and would really look forward to another installment.

Cary

·
Registered
15,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink
It's a shame this wasn't made in to a movie by Myers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprocke...day_Night_Live )

One of his funniest characters ever.
Soooo true. One can only imagine the bizarre, surreal directions that could have taken. And for those of us who loved the Sprockets character, the fact that a rave review of Myer's script for the Sprockets movie circulated the net

made that movie's demise even more disheartening.

·
Registered
29,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmccorm
I thought he tried at one point and ran into some kind of contractual trouble (don't remember the details).
A Sprockets movie was a few weeks away from production when Meyers backed out, claiming that he realized it was a terrible idea and the script (which he wrote) was crap. Universal sued him for breach of contract. They eventually reached a settlement, part of which was that Meyer's agreed to star in The Cat in the Hat.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness /forum/post/20824983

Soooo true. One can only imagine the bizarre, surreal directions that could have taken. And for those of us who loved the Sprockets character, the fact that a rave review of Myer's script for the Sprockets movie circulated the net

made that movie's demise even more disheartening.

IIRC, Myers said something to the effect his friends told him the script sucked, so he backed out of the filming of it.

Don't know if it was actually the truth or if he was just blowing smoke up everyone's a$$.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.