AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I need to buy a Denon 3805 and am tempted to purchase it over the Net at a substantial discount. Is this possible and can I get it from an Authorized Dealer? Or, are all the units On-line gray-market or out-of-area units? I'd love to buy it from my local Sound Advice (Tweeter), for $999 like the guy in the Official Pseudo 3805 Thread, if I could, but they all wryly laugh at me when I ask for that price.

Thanks for you advice.

· Registered
3,279 Posts
Wryly laughing will not be tolerated. :D Nice choice of adverb.

$999 is not a bargain for the 3805 anymore. If your dealer laughs at you, tell them to go fu*k themselves...literally. Go spend your money somewhere else. You should be able to pick up the 3805 for around $900 just about anywhere that's willing to "deal" with you at all. As the paying customer, you shouldn't bend over backwards (or forwards) to get a decent deal out of a reputable store...they know what these units are selling for and they make a killing either way. It msrp's at $1199...I've seen people get it for as little as $850....from an authorized dealer. If your dealer laughs, pocket your checkbook and give him the finger. Even if you've got to drive an hour, it'd be worth saving a Franklin and stickin' it in that prick's eye.

Forget about Internet sales with Denon...they won't honor their warranty unless the seller is listed on their site.

And by the way, it's the "Pseudo-Official 3805 Thread." :D

Jason

· Registered
3,536 Posts
Quote:
I need to buy a Denon 3805
That's been my mistake! I've been telling my wife, "Honey, I want to buy a...."

I should be saying, "Honey, I NEED to buy a ..."

John

· Registered
6,779 Posts
The absolute minimum "discount" from a local authorized dealer (if you don't want to order online for some reason) is for them to pay the sales tax. Just tell them that there are authorized online dealers who are offering free shipping (which there are).

Your other option is always a refurb from an authorized online dealer. It will cost less than a new unit.

· Registered
26 Posts
I am also interested in purchasing the Denon 3805 but am torn about whether to pay more from a local dealer or risk it online. Does anyone know of reputable, online authorized dealers that offer good prices? I checked the Denon website but can't seem to find a list of authorized dealers (online or otherwise). Thanks.

· Registered
184 Posts
Every Refub place online has them out of stock. Looking for a refurb or authorized dealer for a good price can someone help?

Refurbs go for $699 on several dealers that are authorized to sell Refurbs but they aren't expecting any.

I need one by Nov 15th

Thanks

· Registered
6,779 Posts
Authorized DENON Online E-Tailers:

ListenUp.com

Crutchfield.com

Abt Electronics.com

Amazon.com Limited Selection

Tweeter.com:

ecost.com (Refurbished Products, Factory Reconditioned or B-Stock Only)

PC Mall.com (Refurbished Products, Factory Reconditioned or B-Stock Only)

uBid.com (Refurbished Products, Factory Reconditioned or B-Stock Only)

Mac Mall.com (Refurbished Products, Factory Reconditioned or B-Stock Only)

Club Mac.com (Refurbished Products, Factory Reconditioned or B-Stock Only)

Dakmart.com (Refurbished Products, Factory Reconditioned or B-Stock Only - An e-bay Reseller)

Stampede.com (Refurbished Products, Factory Reconditioned or B-Stock Only)

Overstock.com (Refurbished Products, Factory Reconditioned or B-Stock Only)

· Registered
184 Posts
As I said no authorized B stock Seller has any in stock. The price from the rest is the standard $1199

Anyone have any luck anywhere else. I'm willing to pay $1000 for a unit

· Registered
150 Posts
Did you try **********? I bought mine there and "supposedly" they are able to honor warranty service. You'd have to e-mail Sean ([email protected]**********) to find out why. They have some weird deal with someone but those who know av123, know they are a reputable company.

· Registered
184 Posts
Yep Checked there to. No 3805 in stock. I have an additional problem in that I live in NY (TAX) so all the low cost sellers who sell a warranty to cover the fact that denon warranty isn't in effect from these sellers.

Still looking for a sub $1000 unit

· Registered
184 Posts
Ok Gave in a bought a Brand New sealed unit from non authorized seller in NJ for $949 plus $85 for 3 year Phillips Warranty and around $40 Shipping.

Total came to around $1053

Believe me guys $999 is certainly a good deal and all these people saying $900 - $1000 is average are wrong. Either that or I'm a bad shopper. But I did spend 1 whole week looking at both B&M and Online retailers.

This Unit is going with my Panny 50inch 7uy from Visial Apex for $4599 and In wall Boston Acoustic 6.1 speakers. And MX700 Remote. Also Dishnetwork 921 HDTV Recorder and Panny Progressive scan Recorder.

· Registered
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mhawker
Did you try **********? I bought mine there and "supposedly" they are able to honor warranty service. You'd have to e-mail Sean ([email protected]**********) to find out why. They have some weird deal with someone but those who know av123, know they are a reputable company.
********** is NOT an authozied Denon dealer. Sean gave me the big line about a 'special' deal they have and I checked with Denon HQ and the distributor for Colorado and it is total BS - both Denon HQ and the distributor have never heard of or found any entries in their systems for ********** or all the different alias company names they have.

I told Sean my findings and he was not too pleased and told me to take my business elseware.

· Registered
3,782 Posts
Quote:
O.K., I don't work for a Denon dealer anymore but the denon rep visits me for other products and he has told me that ,in response to B&M's dropping the line ( or threatening to) , Denon has started imbedding the serial #'s on the circuit boards and electronically to catch trans-shippers and has shut down several of their top rep firms and autorized merchants because of trans-shipping and that soon Denon is going to succome to the pressure to stop performing repairs and shipping parts for trans-shipped goods......of course they had talked about this a while ago..... caveat emptor

· Registered
184 Posts
I don't really care what Denon does. The extra 3 year Warranty from Phillips protects me (parts and Labor). The unit is brand new sealed in its original box so the Serial should be legit.

I just wish that denon would stop this crap with authorized deals and such. They do this to artificially keep the prices set to high levels.

· Registered
1,539 Posts
Actually, the extended Philips warranty isn't going to do you any good if denon won't ship parts or provide electronic drawings to your service guy because you purchased from an unathorized vendor.

As for the artificially high prices you mentioned, Denon knows who butters their bread and how much overhead these storefronts have.

If Denon didn't care about their own sales they would just tell people like tweeter to "talk to the hand", but if they loose presance in brick and mortar stores their sales are dead. Internet sales are about 5% of the units they sell, and most of those sales come from people who shop B&M's first to touch and feel and get opinions of staff , THEN go buy on-line.

· Registered
184 Posts
Most of the non authorized vendors get their product from reliable authorized sources. A warranty service like Philips which has a good reputation and will replace a unit if they can't get a part.

I had a Sony TV which after 2 years the vertical convergance was all off and phillips Warranty replaced the TV with a newer model because they couldn't get a part.

These guys know what they are doing and I trust them. Besides the guys I had install all of my wiring and equipment said they would give me an invoice if I needed it that I purchased it from them as long as the serial is legit.

· Registered
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wthai1027
a relative of mine works for a place that refurbishes denon units. At cost, an A-stock 3805 is $599.
Having worked for a Denon dealer in the past and knowing their pricing structure, I'd be willing to bet the 3805 has a dealer cost of $719.40 or damn close to that. For most electronics manufacturers, dealer cost is 60% of MSRP. A few manufacturers will drop the difference to 55% if the dealer places a large enough order but not too many manufacturers do this.

This should apply for B&M lines only, I have no clue what the pricing structure is for internet direct manufacturers.

· Banned
3,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PSchweitzer
********** is NOT an authozied Denon dealer. Sean gave me the big line about a 'special' deal they have and I checked with Denon HQ and the distributor for Colorado and it is total BS - both Denon HQ and the distributor have never heard of or found any entries in their systems for ********** or all the different alias company names they have.

I told Sean my findings and he was not too pleased and told me to take my business elseware.

;)

· Registered
1,156 Posts
Some people show a obvious hatred to av123. I do not own there products but I plan on it in the future. Most who have dealt with them have found them to be top notch and to that I agree. How many company's out there have owners that give you their cell phone number and tell you they will stop by your home to help set up your system when they are in the area?

Tubeguy I hate to say this but your seem very cynical and insincere. You obviously have issues that need to be dealt with mainly your hatred for your fellow man at av123. You seem to have alterer motives. I think you owe Mark S at av123 an apology.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.