AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Settled on wanting to get the Pioneer 1120, but have been having problems finding out who is an authorized dealer as well as who is recommended.

Thoughts/ suggestions?

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Amazon.com has a great price for several weeks, but the unit is no longer sold directly from Amazon.com (you have to be carefull with dealers selling thru Amazon who may not be factory authorized) The list above tells all, and note than no on-line dealer is authorized to sell the Elite line.

Check JR.com and vanns.com for some good sales prices

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
If you're worried about the warranties, there's always Squaretrade.

I have found them to be faster AND better with repairs than the actual Pioneer services, and all at no additional cost to me beyond the initial $50 I paid for three years of full coverage.

My last repair through them (broken subwoofer output) took less than 14 days, from start to finish, and all shipping was free! They even sent me a new remote for free after I got my original back after the repair, and it had somehow gotten dinged up in transit -- even though I'm 100% convinced that it was my fault and happened due to my own packing job, not theirs. I admitted as much to them and they STILL sent me a brand new replacement remote for free!

I don't worry about all that "authorized dealer" nonsense anymore... Three years of peace-of-mind, and fast quality service if/when I need it, were worth every darn penny of that initial $50, and then some!

Hell, even their online troubleticket process was smooth as silk...

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
actually I agree with "palehorse"....IF....you are willing to immediately buy the second source warranty like SquareTrade once you are sure the receiver is not DOA from the dealer. If you don't, and try to even get Pioneer warranty service when you purchased the receiver from a non-authorized source - Pioneer will refuse to honor the warranty.

"you pays your money, and takes your chances" - at least cover the risk with a good 2nd source warranty.

So, if you are ready to try the dark waters of purchasing from a good dealer, but not Pioneer authorized, then Newegg.com has a superb price on the VSX-1120 today with coupon code EMCZNYN63 (12/2/2010)

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Agreed 100%. Some of these warranties that purchased from a seller are better than the manufacturers. Don't have to deal with most of the CS's that don't know crap about what their companies are making. The savings is also much better than buying from some authorized reseller. Also you are able to get better service from the issued warranty over the manufacturer. TapeworksTexas has some awesome deals for warranties on AVR's,Displays, and other gear. Go get the equipment you want from a reputable dealer, authorized or not and get a warranty from somewhere else. You will be surprised how much money you can save.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts