AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She just doesn't get it! I've tried to explain it a number of times, but it won't sink in. To keep her happy, we need as few button pushes as possible. Right now I have four memories saved in my NEC, 1080I in both widescreen and full screen (for SAT with HD viewing) and 1024x768 wide and full for DVD. Life would be so much better if I could come up with a way for the projector to automatically switch to the correct aspect ratio. I have a 4:3 screen and have the default aspect ratio for sat viewing set to 4:3. I have the DVD default set to widescreen as we only have a couple of full screen DVD's. It kind of reminds me of trying to explain how to make a VCR record one thing while watching something else. I got sick of repeating myself today and told her that's what the $300.00 TV in the living room is for, meathead's. That went well, as you can guess. So brainiac's, how can I make my NEC choose the correct aspect ratio and keep peace in the family?

Thanks,

Chip S.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Are you using a Pronto, or any other "intelligent" remotes?

Also, does the NEC have an RS-232 serial control capability?

- David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.