AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new line of Toshibas has this feature. Do any other HDTV ready TVs have this? Does it work?

[This message has been edited by Robmeister (edited 08-01-2001).]

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was once at a circuit city and the sales person demonstrated it on a Hitachi HDTV. That was about 6 months ago. It seemed to work well. Unfortunately it was in a brightly lit area which washed out the rptv picture; therefore, it was hard to quantify the outcome.

------------------

Paul

Up on a roof waiting to be struck by lightning.

·
Registered
33,592 Posts
In general, these auto convergence systems do a fairly good job in the central area of the picture. However, they are not meant as a replacement for a complete convergence job. I've seen a number of these systems in the stores, and they generally do an O.K. alignment, but if you are fussy it would not be enough. I haven't seen one that did an adequate job in the outer areas of the picture.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have an RCA P61310 61" HDTV that has auto convergence. The new RCA Scenium 65" is also supposed to have the same feature. So far, I have been very happy with the convergence. It also has a single-point manual color convergence built in as well.

Andrew

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the current (older) model Toshiba 56" RPTV. It has 9-point manual convergence. I tweak the convergence about once a week. When I bought the tv, I didn't think I would be running through the converence routine that much. The auto converence function sounds like a winner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.