AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - First day on the forum and 2 questions already..

When connecting my HD200 reciever to the A/V amp - I am out of Optical connectors on the amp. I have seen the optical selectors that you can manually switch, but does someone make a "Y" or automatic switch? I would like to have 2 optical inputs to the selector and one to the amp. The unit would select - based on which component was on...

Thank You,

Alex

·
Registered
116 Posts
Smarthome sells just what you are looking for. They also sell a model that switches audio and video. You can find it here:

http://www.smarthome.com/77707.html

Alternatively, depending on your receiver this may work. My Sony DA5ES has digital coax and optical inputs. I switched my DVD player to output to digital coax and my HDTV set top box outputs optical and hooked both to the DVD inputs. Set the receiver to AUTO multi channel and as long as one unit is off the receiver outputs the correct signal. (I use discreet on/off codes and a Pronto 2000 remote).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is exactly what I am looking for... Now I will have to wait for Smarthomes next 10% off coupon to come.. :) I'm looking for a temp solution - until I save up for a new a/v amp...

My old AV reciever (Denon 3600) only had 1 coaxial and 1 optical input. I have my DVD (coax) and Sony HD200 (optical). Now I'm seeing if I can't also add a Hughes HDVR2 (optical).

Thanks!

Alex

·
Registered
116 Posts
Your welcome!

And welcome to the forum. I think you will find it extremely valuable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.