AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there has been plenty of discussion regarding the Auto-Record feature, but I was wondering if anyone's noticed this problem.

I have "The X-Files" set up as an Auto-Record, "Exact Title" search (with NO narrowing), and I've been happily watching episodes the past few weeks. However, I noticed an add for "X-Files, the Movie" that would have played about 4 hours before noticing the add (funny how you can still spot adds that are important to you even with the skip button!). One drawback to time-delay viewing!

Well, I assumed that the title must be slightly different for the movie, or the auto-record would have picked it up, right? :( Wrong.

I scanned the guide for a repeat of the movie over the next week and noticed it was playing again next week: "The X-Files" (the movie). The title was exactly the same as the series, but STILL was not picked up by the auto-record.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? Is this a bug? A feature of some sort?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't remember off the top of my head what the difference is between 'Series Record' and 'Auto Record', but is it possible it is being missed because it's not in/near the time slot for the normal episodes???

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that's for the "Series Record" -- usually acheived by clicking on a show in the guide.

The auto-record is from the "Search" / "By Title" option.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Puglas

I scanned the guide for a repeat of the movie over the next week and noticed it was playing again next week: "The X-Files" (the movie). The title was exactly the same as the series, but STILL was not picked up by the auto-record.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? Is this a bug? A feature of some sort?
Using exact maybe be the problem... it's a bit buggy to begin with... :( better than it use to be... but ... still buggy..

When does the movie repeat I can't find it? What channel, date and time?

Tx..

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wrb

Using exact maybe be the problem... it's a bit buggy to begin with... :( better than it use to be... but ... still buggy..

Tx..
Sunday on FX, 7:30pm, I believe..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by wrb

Tx..
I also show Monday 5/27 at 6:00PM on FX (248). Also, there's a marathon from 8:00am to 6:00PM Monday (followed by the movie).

Tkx wrb. Unfortunately, if I remember correctly, without exact title, it pulled up all sorts of wierd, unrelated stuff ("Forensic Files", "The Odessa File", "Rockford Files", "The Chinatown Files" and "The Crocodile Hunter's Croc Files" were all on the first screen of results! :confused:)

Oh, well. UTV seems to lull you into a false sense of security, while heightening your addiction to TV, making any possible loss seem inconceivable and devastating.

Perhaps I shouldn't get so emotionally invested in UTV.:D

Doug.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Add category movie to "the x-files" auto search... movies all if you just want the movie...

otherwise it worked for me but picked up the movie on Sunday rather than Monday.

The name is the same but the time (length) is 2 1/2 hours.. that's why I missed it..

·
Registered
524 Posts
Auto Record - UTV recorded two files with the same "name and program id"!

Even though the file was present in my shows UTV recorded "The LandOilers"..

Search key was "Stephen King" in description..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.