AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a server that auto resumes video files when you select them ?

similar to a tivo.

I love the way tivo remembers where you left off for multiple shows or files so you can resume at your leisure.

My only problem with Tivo is the fact that series 2 (which does the PC to Tivo transfering) doesn't output at a 720p resolution only 480i through S-video.

I'm looking for a media server that will allow me to either store or stream video files(format doesn't matter) and allow me to pause and resume multiple video files so I can continue them when ever I want. WIth an HD output as well

Sony has this feature on their DVD players it has a 40 disc memory. I'm looking for something similar to that except in a media server

The Tvix seems perfect but it doesn't say whether or not you can resume multiple video files

thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
The Tvix has a bookmark feature. Basically it remembers the last 8 places where you manually stopped a video. I think if you stop an avi twice then it only stores it once (the last time you stopped it). When you press the bookmark button it lists these 8 places. Basically you select the avi in bookmarks and it will play from the point where you left it. Tvix tend to listen to people sending them suggestions, so adding more to the bookmark list wouldn't be out of the question unless for some reason there is a firmware problem.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.