AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to design a home theater using AutoCad. Does anyone have a drawing of a side view of a person sitting in a chair that I could scale and drop into an AutoCad drawing?

I am trying to make sure that the back row of seats are the proper height for the screen size.

Dan

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Instead of using AutoCAD for the riser height, use the sticky on the top of the forum. I also have a link to it and a go-bye in my build thread (see my signature for a link). I used AutoCAD to design my theater, but the riser height software is easier for this.

CJ

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I looked at the program and it looks really nice. I already have the side view partially done in AutoCad. Just thought it would make my view clearer to have a nice side view of a person sitting in a chair.

If anyone knows of a sight that has a view like this, please let me know.

Dan

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hey Dan. I can't guarantee the accuracy of this elevation shot. I made the attached file years ago for a small project I was looking into doing at one time. Give it a try and it should give you an approximate range anyway.

HT-Elevation2.zip 34.486328125k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the AutoCad file. My version of AutoCad could not open the file, but thanks for the help.

I really enjoy this forum - there are a lot of very knowledgable and helpfull people here.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I used AutoCad as well, but I just drew a stick figure. I was able to use use a shorter riser than the calculator suggested. I have no sightline problems.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Dan /forum/post/16932874

Thanks for the AutoCad file. My version of AutoCad could not open the file, but thanks for the help.

I really enjoy this forum - there are a lot of very knowledgable and helpfull people here.

Autocad has a free format conversion tool somewhere on their website ( www.autodesk.com ) that will convert back to 2000.

CJ

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sorry, I didn't even think about the version.
I think i made that file back off the 2005 edition. I'm on release 2010 now. The new attachment below is saved on the 2000 platform. Give that a try...

B

HT-Elevation2.zip 34.486328125k . file

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.