AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I purchased Hard Rain. Loaded it into my player to see how it looked, watched the opening credits, hit stop and removed the disc. Last night I decided to watch it. After the tray closed the disc spun for a few seconds and then the movie started at exactly the same point where I had stopped it a couple of weeks ago. I thought I was imagining it or that it was a fluke, so I watch for a few minutes, hit stop and removed the disc. I powered down, put in a different movie for a minute and then reloaded Hard Rain. Once again it started exactly where I had stopped it a few minutes early -- a new "bookmark" without having to set it. I don't recall any of my other BRs doing this. Is this a Lionsgate standard or what? What other discs do this? It's a great feature that I wish more studios would use.

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayF /forum/post/18304071

A couple of weeks ago I purchased Hard Rain. Loaded it into my player to see how it looked, watched the opening credits, hit stop and removed the disc. Last night I decided to watch it. After the tray closed the disc spun for a few seconds and then the movie started at exactly the same point where I had stopped it a couple of weeks ago. I thought I was imagining it or that it was a fluke, so I watch for a few minutes, hit stop and removed the disc. I powered down, put in a different movie for a minute and then reloaded Hard Rain. Once again it started exactly where I had stopped it a few minutes early -- a new "bookmark" without having to set it. I don't recall any of my other BRs doing this. Is this a Lionsgate standard or what? What other discs do this? It's a great feature that I wish more studios would use.

If the disc does not use Java then it should be resumable in the same way DVD is, if the player supports resuming.

The player can't do this if the disc uses Java, but I have heard of titles appearing that do automatic resume with Java; just a small matter of programming that has taken a few years.

-Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts