AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting an Onkyo tx sr805 I have been reading reviews on this guy for weeks now and finally decided to buy it. Now for the question. Which is better to set up the speakers with the auto mic or to use my analog sound meter. From the reviews I have been reading a lot of people say it does a better job then to do it manually. Which would be better to do. Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkserpant /forum/post/13012498

I am getting an Onkyo tx sr805 I have been reading reviews on this guy for weeks now and finally decided to buy it. Now for the question. Which is better to set up the speakers with the auto mic or to use my analog sound meter. From the reviews I have been reading a lot of people say it does a better job then to do it manually. Which would be better to do. Thanks

Go auto setup. If the Onkyo 805 is like my Pioneer Elite 91 it takes into account several factors to setup the speakers. It can balance out standing waves and reverse the phases of the speakers even if they are wired correctly. Sometimes reversing the phases will balance the wave issues.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i agree with the auto setup, used it on my new receiver and it did a pretty good job. run it maybe once a month or so in case you've moved things around and such. you can always go in and tweak some of the settings afterwards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts