AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I rip a cd to mp3's, my software automatically looks up information like title, artist, track information, genre, and tags the mp3 files for me. It would be great if I could do this same when I rip DVD's.

Is there a "cddb" like database for dvd movies? Is there a way to automatically embed id3 like tag information in VOB's? Information like title, director, genre, artists, that sort of thing.

Are there smart "jukebox" like interfaces that read that sort of information, and allow me to search and sort on that info?

I understand I can do all this manually. I'm looking for an "automatic" solution.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Not that I know of, but you can use DVD Profiler to quickly get all that info for your ripped DVDs--it wont tag the files though

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I just add the extra information I need in the filename, e.g. "Black Hawk Down (2-DTS).iso" for region 2 encoding (PAL, 720x576, 25 fps) and DTS as soundtack.

All other info can be found at www.imdb.com

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I was, though, hoping for something more automated. I've got 100's of DVD's I'd like to rip.

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suppose DVD profiler plus a bar-code reader plus software like catnip gets me some of the way there. Now what I really need is a "play" button in dvd profiler, plus an automated way to populate vob file location.

Somehow I doubt I'm the only person who wants this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.