AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that the Lumagen Vision just been updated to be able to use two different memories for each resolution. So if you for example have a setting optimized for 16:9 PAL 50Hz and put in a 16:9 NTSC 60Hz it automaticly detects this and switches to 60Hz. Would this be possible to do with the CS1/CS2 in the future? It really would be nice to just pop in a DVD and forget if its in NTSC or PAL...

I quote Gordon F from www.avforums.com:

"The Vision has two assignable memories for each input. MEM a and MEM b. It can output at 48Hz up to 75Hz. The original firmware meant it would be set to (say) 60Hz all the time (although this is changeable by remote control very easily). I wanted them to make it possible to get the thing to auto switch to MEMA when receiving 60Hz incoming and MEMB when receiving 50Hz. That way end users from countries like ours (that have NTSC and PAL software) can set it up each input for an optimal setting (on mema and memb) and then leave it alone."

//Kris

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Someone PM me saying that the CS already does this, atleast in XGA... Anyone have any comments on this? My PJ is for the moment at the Barco Service center...

I would like my CS1 to switch from 50 to 60hz and vice versa when dedecting that source...

//Kris

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
This is a much requested feature in PAL land...

I didn't know ANY scaler did this, but I've been waiting for SOMEONE to come out with this. It doesn't have to be 50/60 - it can also be 75/72 autoswitch.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the Lumagen Vision does this anyway...

Since almost all manufacturers of scalers are based in NTSC-land, we who live in PAL-land are not a big priority for them a guess... But maybe this wouldn't be such a big deal to do in the software, or?

//Kris

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I thought I'd post that when using custom resolution 720P_RGB it automatically switches between 50 & 60 Hz depending on the source! Nice! This is on my CS-1.

//Kris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.