AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local Radio Shack last night looking for a portable TV and came across a new model from Auvio just unwrapped. It had rounded corners with a blue face. They hadn't even managed to do a channel scan to show it off so I took care of that.

We were in the middle of the store with only the internal telescopic antenna but it picked up about 50% of our locals. The thing I was impressed about was the picture ! It looked like it was supporting the native resolution of the originating station unlike many others in this category which seem to display 480i. There is an info button that for our local NBC station indicated 1080i.

Other features included :

- rechargeable battery

- car charger

- EPG

- Aux IN

- Stand

- External antenna input

No USB or card reader unlike some others in this class. Other than the antenna which was very thin, the build quality felt very solid.

What stopped me was the price - $199. There is no info on the RS website nor at http://www.auvioperformance.com/products.html .

I wish I had taken a picture of it at the time.

I would be interested in anyone else's thoughts on this one and how it compares to other units. I live in Florida so need something like this for storm season.

TIA

·
Registered
882 Posts
bought this model on Friday and LOVE it. Picks up all UHF locals in Jackson, MS market with small built in antenna. When hooked up to a rabbit ears, all locals are easily received. The picture quality is GREAT, it's what I call a portable HDTV. Great signal meter... it has a bar the goes from green, yellow and red...which helps greatly when positioning the antenna. Also I'm able to manually tune in stations, I.E. local PBS is on RF 20, Virtual 29...I can punch in 20 on the remote and it automatically pulls up PBS. Great little purchase for which I got it at 169.99. On sale. They're still on sale for a week.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.