AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi, I'm trying to accomplish making an auxiliary input into my stock car stereo. This video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRIswrodoM8 ) shows my exact model and I'm having trouble figuring out some basic audio cable knowledge. At 4:05, he starts the process of soldering but does not go into detail about what he is doing. I have never done this before so it confuses me. I have an auxiliary cable that is plenty long so I believe I should be able to solder the wire from that to the left and right signals. The problem I don't understand is that there are three sections inside the auxiliary, a white cable, red cable, and loose wire appearing to be aluminum not copper? I'm not sure what to solder onto what. I also dont understand what is happening at 4:27 in the video. Any help is very much appreciated! Attached is a photo of the auxiliary cable I am working with.

·
Registered
881 Posts
It's a stereo cable so red wire gets soldered to the right terminal on the board, white wire to the left terminal on the board. The bare wire is the shield/ground and will go to the ground screw in the vid.

edit: since your cable has a bare wire as ground use a jacketed cable to extend it to the ground screw and/or tape up any exposed bare wire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts