AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome thanks. Can't wait for this thing to come out. Has anyone heard anything more about its official release date or pricing? The press release claims late May.

Btw saw your post on head-fi, I'm assuming it'll be sometime early June and possibly about $220 (£109.99~$218.23)

·
Registered
87 Posts
So basically the front channel opamp is the best (LM4562) and changeable, while the other opamps are not as good but cannot be changed. It seems like a step back from the Meridian for all uses outside of gaming since opamps cannot be upgraded and the output by default is not even across all channels. I'm a bit disapointed. Also, I look forward to reading reviews of this card by gamers who use this card only through the digital inputs of their high end logitech speakers in order to maximize sound quality...........well, maybe they learned a few things since reviewing the X-Meridian......

·
Registered
659 Posts
Here is a link with more details for this card.
http://www.auzentech.com/site/produc...e.php#schedule

According to the above web page, Dolby Digital Live won't be available until Q4 2007 for Vista and XP and DTS interactive and DTS NEO : PC until Q1 2008.

I think this card will be great for the HTPC but the features I really want won't be available until Late 2007 / Early 2008. I might wait till the end of the year to pick this card up for my next system build.

·
Registered
109 Posts

Quote:
So basically the front channel opamp is the best (LM4562) and changeable, while the other opamps are not as good but cannot be changed. It seems like a step back from the Meridian for all uses outside of gaming since opamps cannot be upgraded and the output by default is not even across all channels. I'm a bit disapointed.

Yeah, that is dissappointing and makes no sense on their part. I would certainly want the highest quality audio for my center channel as well. Since their product is in the enthusiast and not mainstream category, these kinds of details should be their specialty. If it cost a 10 or 20 dollars more, who cares. This isn't a budget card in the first place. Maybe it came down to board space and/or routing issues.

[Edit:] - I think I mis-interrpreted "hardwired". As long as the other channels have opamps that are changeable by soldering mods, then that's ok and I'm not so dissapointed.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zothen /forum/post/0

Yeah, that is dissappointing and makes no sense on their part. I would certainly want the highest quality audio for my center channel as well. Since their product is in the enthusiast and not mainstream category, these kinds of details should be their specialty. If it cost a 10 or 20 dollars more, who cares. This isn't a budget card in the first place. Maybe it came down to board space and/or routing issues.

[Edit:] - I think I mis-interrpreted "hardwired". As long as the other channels have opamps that are changeable by soldering mods, then that's ok and I'm not so dissapointed.

still, odd they wouldn't spring an extra $2.50 to make the center better if they don't have room for socket form.... since as you say the whole point of getting this over a creative is the analog quality. of course you may be able to solder, but i certainyl don't want to mess with that. anyway, just as well i rushed out and got a meridian off of ebay a few weeks ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.